FishStreet Order

FarmerTy

Something very odd happened. I jumped on to Fishstreet to order another WP40 pump. I didn't realize they have a New Jersey location now... I'm assuming its a large distribution warehouse in the US for them. So I looked through the NJ location stock and they didn't have much, but they did have WP40s.

I ordered one pump and the shipping was just $3. I was pretty shocked by the low shipping cost... to ship anything from NJ should cost more than $3 but who was I to argue. I double-checked and tried to order one straight from Hong Kong and it was +$10 for shipping so naturally, I assumed that the $3 shipping was legit and that it was actually shipping from NJ which was quoted at 3-5 days.

I went ahead and ordered it and this morning, I get this email in very broken English saying it has shipped. I clicked on the tracking and the origin was Hong Kong, destination, Austin!? Wuh? Is my pump really coming from Hong Kong? Crazy! At least it was only $3 for shipping. grin.png

Anyways, thought people would get a kick out of it.

Wife ordered a new motorola phone last week. Previously they were made near Dallas so I didn't think at all about shipping. Got the shipping confirmation and sure enough it's coming from Hong Kong. Surprise is that it is only going to take 5 days?

Well funny thing, I just got a text from DHL saying it's arriving tomorrow. I guess it really did ship from NJ... either that or they are shooting it over with a long-distance canon tomorrow morning from Hong Kong.

Oh nice, since you bumped up this topic. I received my pump this Friday... and it did ship from Hong Kong for $3 whole dollars in shipping. At least that's what the DHL attendant told me when I went to pick it up from their hub at the airport (I was showing homes that day and so I opted to pick up then to have them redeliver).

It had Hong Kong packaging tape all over it so I assume it was actually in Hong Kong. The only thing that baffles me is I ordered it on the 2nd, got confirmation that it is shipping out on the 5th, and received it the 6th.

My only guess is the attendant was incorrect, that it came from the New Jersey warehouse location and it just still had it's old Hong Kong shipping package to it. Again, unless they shot it from a canon from Hong Kong on Thursday and it landed in Austin on Friday. Either way, $3 shipping, and I got it 4 days later. Can't complain.

Those links are propping up all over the palce these days. ARC has as plague epidemic!!!

Not to threadjack, but actually guys, that was news to me. We've had viglink for several years, but as admin I guess I don't see the links. If you notice things like this that are bothersome, please don't hesitate to PM me. One of the perks of premium membership is that you're not supposed to be bothered with these kinds of things.

Those links are propping up all over the palce these days. ARC has as plague epidemic!!!

Not to threadjack, but actually guys, that was news to me. We've had viglink for several years, but as admin I guess I don't see the links. If you notice things like this that are bothersome, please don't hesitate to PM me. One of the perks of premium membership is that you're not supposed to be bothered with these kinds of things.
I'm going to report you to an administrator for hijacking my thread mFrame! [emoji12]

Archived