Ice fire echinata

Manny

What's been your experience with this coral? Is it almost impossible to keep or have most of you had good success with it? I'm looking at buying one from RCA but don't want to drop the dough if it's surely going to die on me. I have not really had bad luck with SPS. Rather I think I have done fairly well art trying then and the few pieces I have lost usually have some external factor playing a role. For instance,last month I lost my strawberry shortcake acro but this was because my urchin decided to hide it in s cave for a week before I found it. Not saying Im a pro but I'm having an alright time with sps. Now only if they would start growing.

I don't have a Hawkins or ice fire but I have a Jason fox coolers Turaki. It is encrusting and growing for me and kept its color after shipping. I had an ice fire but it came in not so healthy from an online vendor and didn't make it. I like my piece I would say go for it.

post-3632-0-77763000-1424786802_thumb.jp

I've found that once acclimated to tank life, they are one of the hardiest SPS I have. If it's a new mariculture piece, then I would worry about the sensitivity of the piece as they tolerate very little.

My echinata has been through it all and still chugging along. Heck, it was one of two corals that actually looked better when I had the high salinity and high nitrate debacle.

I believe ARC has mariculture pieces but they've been grown out in their own grow out tanks prior for sale. Think of them as not just brand new to the reef tank world, but more 1st generation as they have been acclimated some already.

rca has 2 in separate tanks. The one in the tanks on the left under the kessil has been there for a long time And seems pretty hardy to me. My Hawkins I got from them is doing great to and came from the big tank in the back. Not sure if this helps at all lol.

rca has 2 in separate tanks. The one in the tanks on the left under the kessil has been there for a long time And seems pretty hardy to me. My Hawkins I got from them is doing great to and came from the big tank in the back. Not sure if this helps at all lol.

+1 on that . I got a Hawkins from the same tank and it is my fastest growing branching SPS in the tank. It is delicate and breaks easily so watch were you place it in regards to getting bumped. I just look at mine and think about touching it and it'll break a branch.

+1 on that . I got a Hawkins from the same tank and it is my fastest growing branching SPS in the tank. It is delicate and breaks easily so watch were you place it in regards to getting bumped. I just look at mine and think about touching it and it'll break a branch.

Let me know when you break a piece next time I would take some off your hands.

Archived