Moorish Idol finally eating pellets

DoMa

Nice! That's definitely an uphill battle to get them to eat! Well done! How'd you do it?

Btw, the angelixir soak is supposed to work for moorish idols too. It worked wonders for my regal angelfish to get him to eat.

My regal eats pellets also so I got lucky on him also. All I do is turn off all water flow in the tank and dump a bunch of pellets in. Everything picks them off the ground and my Moorish started copying the other fish. I hang a smelt on a fish hook and they also pick it off the hook until there's nothing left but bone.

Very, very impressive! I'm glad you posted this for other aquarists info but I'm not going to admit success on your part 'till you've had it 5 years. grin.png For the newbies, please do not attempt a Moorish Idol until you've had a lot of experience. (And that Sailfin looks pretty stunted, are you sure it's in a long enough tank?! laugh.png )

Very nice that you got your other fish to teach the moorish idol, perhaps I will try getting my dry food and frozen brine shrimp eaters to do the same with a idol. Fyi I just bought a tank which had some fish one is a 5" female blue throat trigger she likes flake but will not touch shrimp meat.

• 2 weeks later...

He's been getting more aggressive and is now eating NLS pellets mostly. I can tell he's been gaining a bit more weight and getting pretty fat.

gallery_115_63_642868.jpg

Archived