Need help or suggestions

RichardAndSon

I came home end of last week to all of my corals just laying limp in the tank, my frogspawn is pulled inside, and my anemone looks ill. My fish are doing great, I just did a 30% water change last weekend, 2 days after noticing this, and it hasn't gotten any better. I have tested for everything, I did have a bit of low ph and I have fixed that. Any ideas what may cause this? Also, I did just notice that my salt level may be a little bit high, would that have any affects?

Thanks for any feedback.

PH wouldn't be an issue. Hard to pinpoint without knowing what went on in the tank while you were gone.

What do you check your salinity with? Also, did the coral lose color or do you have a picture? Last, is there any chance that you have malfunctioning equipment or somthing was put in or fell in the tank?

I will get pictures, I use a floating therm/salinity meter and the green zone is floating above the water. I only have a topflow filter as it is a 29 gal tank, and it pumps at 350gph. I cannot visibly see anything that has fallen in the tank, and it was really quick. As far as color, yes my mushrooms and frogspawn have lost their color, my leather corals have not really, but they don't have much color to begin with, but they were thriving and multiplying and now are just laying there. The anemone has also lost color and has moved around the tank and it never used to leave it's spot.

I don't think it could have gotten too hot, the heater still clicks on a couple of times here and there, and it is in a wide open area. But I can't be sure of that. Thanks Ty, I think I will take a water sample in to River City in the morning. I am pretty sure that I have also lost the anemone now as well, he is just laying in the bottom of the tank with slime starting to string from him.

Try and post a pic of that anemone. In such a small water volume, dying coral or anemone can really make things go from bad to catastrophic. If it's really dead best to remove it while you can

Sorry all for the delay, been a super long busy day. I still need pictures, but I did make it to River City to get my water tested, it looks like my salinity is way way too high, I have been topping off with salt water instead of clean fresh water. Lesson learned there. My rating was at 1.036 salinity. I am hoping some of them will come back as I get the level down over the next week or so, time will tell. Kinda frustrating but I guess part of the learning curve. And thank you all so much for the help and answers.

Archived