Cornbred Originals?

GiddyORION

I don't know for certain but I'm pretty sure he just uses gel filters. He takes his photos under true actinics only too. And I'm pretty sure timfish is right about the way he keeps his tanks.

Search eBay for seller rnegret258

He always has the new hotness, especially for z/ps

I haven't ordered anything from him but I know some members here have.

Yea that one is some good gel filters and maybe even some shopping, I'm sure it's real, I'm sure that it is patterned like that. As far as it being quite that bright, well I'm sure Your mileage may vary in your tank........

Gels, nutrient juicing, etc. seems to be to much work when less than 60 seconds of photoshop can do the job. Not saying that's what he's doing but it sure does smell like it. Here's a quick example of a raw image and then the over the top photomanipulation that has a similar quality to his pics.

post-2030-0-73464400-1408938719_thumb.jppost-2030-0-88512000-1408938716_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Richard, screw the ps'd one. I'll take the original!

seriously though, a great example. I always use eggcrate, or a frag rack as a reference when looking at coral pictures online, really anything that i can recognize the look of under actinics. I think in pictures of some of his more "modest" looking corals you can see the background eggcrate or sand isn't as blasted out with contrast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bluemoon
  • Like 1

...you guys just saved me $1500 in Christmas savings? I think il buy a watermelon chalice instead... About a thousand dollars cheaper and is colored as advertised. Unless... Someone can prove me wrong with their cornbred specimen.....;)

Gels, nutrient juicing, etc. seems to be to much work when less than 60 seconds of photoshop can do the job. Not saying that's what he's doing but it sure does smell like it. Here's a quick example of a raw image and then the over the top photomanipulation that has a similar quality to his pics.

attachicon.gifScolymia before.jpgattachicon.gifScolymia after.jpg

Lemme just crank this saturation up to 9000.

...you guys just saved me $1500 in Christmas savings I think il buy a watermelon chalice instead... About a thousand dollars cheaper and is colored as advertised. Unless... Someone can prove me wrong with their cornbred specimen.....wink.png

$500 for a watermelon chalice? it better be the size of your hand....

Looks like royal blue LED's and photoshop or maybe even just the LED's. He had some zoas on there for $500PP a while back as well.

These pictures were on a cell so they're pretty bad but this is the same coral under 14K vs royal blue LED's. No way I would buy anything so florescent without seeing a photo under a daylight spectrum.

P8071098.jpg

acan-small.jpg

...you guys just saved me $1500 in Christmas savings I think il buy a watermelon chalice instead... About a thousand dollars cheaper and is colored as advertised. Unless... Someone can prove me wrong with their cornbred specimen.....wink.png

$500 for a watermelon chalice? it better be the size of your hand....
Haha it was 12:00am when I said this... Lol

Here's a more accurate representation of my two favorites. ery4a4et.jpg

- Ben -

Very nice. What's the other chalice besides the mummy eye? Both are amazing. I'd love to have a mummy eye chalice like that someday!

Giddy I think you would appreciate some of the Jason Fox coral. He has some nice YouTube videos you can watch and see how things really look (well kinda). And he has some amazing chalices.

Jason Fox's stuff is pretty nice... I'm thinking of ordering from him in the near future.