Tank buddy needed (S Austin)

nvrEnuf

So, I am going out of town at the end of this month for four days. It will be the longest I have ever been from the tank and for some reason I just now realized I will need HELP!

Really, just feeding, but, I don't have a tank buddy down south!

So, if anyone else down here south of ben white travels from time to time and or sometimes needs help with thier tank please let me know!

Hi guys, thanks for the responses!

I am in Olympic Heights, Manchacca south of Slaughter. The dates for this trip are 4-25 through 4-28. My wife will be home for the first day of that.

Jestep- I know you are right, but I am a heavy feeder, don't use pellets, and have a high evaporative tank... and it's more about having eyes on the tank than the health of the fish; having been in risk management, I'm asking for it if I don't put a back up plan in place. The big (wo)man upstairs simply feels that way about me for some reason!

To the rest of you - how much interest would there be if I cook dinner one sunday and invite anyone in the area over for a mingle? Anyone interested can see the tank and set-up and a simple schedule can be arranged.

As Jestep points out, I really just need an eye on the tank and an ATO level check probably on Saturday, anything else is extemperanious. If you have time to stop by and feed great, if not the fish aren't going to die. I'll make sure to time the Harlequin shrimp feeding for a half star on wed and that will last through the weekend easily. Other than some macro for the tang the tank could run auto for four to five days...but I would be crazy nevous if nobody got eyes on it for that long. I've never had any issues, but I am the type that would get a water leak the minute I left for more than a simple weekend if I don't have a back up plan.

Or maybe it's just time for me to finally set up the net module and some alarms on my RK :)...hmmmmmm.....should do that anyway!

~Jason

What dates are you going out of town? I live south but will also be out of town April 27 till May 6th. If this trip doesn't work out keep me in mind. I can always swing by another time.

Or I could help those dates if you need some. I'd prefer to pay forward anyway honestly.

I'm in Rancho Alto. Maybe you've heard of it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

lol, you win the closest award! We are too close to not get together and help eachother out when need be!

and Kim, I wanna see your build!

i live down by dittmar park (off dittmar between S first and manchaca). i'm kinda new to the area (15 years) so i don't know the names of all the neighbor hoods. mine's something british; maybe royal something. buchingham, maybe. shrug. i'd be down for a sunday bbq sometime. i'm a good last resort for tank watching. but as someone who doesn't leave the house much, and works odd hours, i may check at noon one day and midnight the next.

I am also nearby, off Brodie, just south of William Cannon. I vary from heavy M-Th weekly travel, to being in town for weeks, and also am interested in meeting folks around here. I usually work from home when I'm in town, and I'm more than happy to swap off tank watching, too. A get together sounds great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived