Looking for frags locally in San Marcos or surrounding areas!

jodythefishguy

I'm really wanting some GSP and some white pom pom xenia. But more importantly I'm wanting to meet more reefers within my comfortable driving range where it feels like a trip across town to a friends house instead of a trek I need to plan days in advance for. So, if you're in San Marcos, Wimberly, New Braunfels, Kyle, Buda, South Austin let me know and I'd love to come appreciate your tank and talk saltwater stuff. I'm only about 6 months in to the hobby but its quickly become a huge source of joy for my girlfriend and I (friends too). We actually saw a 14gal Biocube at Pho Thaison in Southpark Meadows about a year ago and it was the white pom pom xenia that drove me into the hobby. I'd never seen anything like it and I was hooked! The 28gal Nanocube we invested in off of craigslist came with a frag of purple xenia which thrived for 3 or 4 months before suddenly dying off. For a while we almost had too much, and now only a tiny bit remains. But its a great excuse to look for the white pom pom xenia! Cheap nano cube sized frags appreciated.

Also looking for:

Small piece of birdsnest (havent tried sps but hear this might be a good place to start)

Hammer touch coral

Blasto

Goniopora

Duncans

Nanocube sized Anenome my clowns pair could host

Ricordea

Orange Sun Coral

15+ Polyps Zoa's and Paly's under $20

Welcome to the club. It's a great resource. I feel your pain about getting frags down south. I get most of my stuff from the aquadome (hwy 71 and s. first ish). I'm new, so none of my corals arre fraggable.

By the way, I think the next arc meeting is going to be down south.

Welcome ... I'm in San Marcos - run a 75 gallon reef ... I can spare GSP whenever along with Chaeto macro algae if you need some. Also have Devils hand if you want some...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

San Marcos as well! I have a good amount of gsp fragged from Subsea that I will be able to cut a little from in a week or so. It's at around 4 inches already and is some of the most vibrant gsp I've seen; with quite long fingers as well.

I can fix you up with GSP. If you want to talk reefing, after 45 years in the hobby, it is an addiction that I often talk about.

Come visit. I live in extreme SW Austin five miles north of the Salt Lick in Hays County.

Patrick

Welcome jody! As an ex-San Martian, i feel its my duty to fulfill your Xenia dreams. If you get a chance to visit gonzos tank

and like what you see. ill

bring you down a nice frag of it when i come

through sm.

I'm late to the party but I'm in new braunfels. I don't have any softie frags but I do have some blue polyp digi. It's a good starter SPS. I feel your pain in regards to distance. When I see nice frags or gear for sale in Austin or SA, it ends up being a big time sink (usually worth it though). :)

Lol I feel you Ramsey! Sometimes I find myself spending more on gas than I save by buying through members, but it has always been worth it to meet the members, see their tanks and learn from their setups.

Gotta love the love manifested through ARC!

Good to hear from close by. I live in Kyle near IH35. I don't have any Xenia at the moment to frag...I mostly have SPS. Once in awhile I have some green neon nepthea and green toadstool leathers to frag. If interested let me know. Text is best 210-834-3852 Roy.

post-352-0-45715200-1395250075_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

I know it's an old thread but I will bring it back to life! I'm in New Braunfels. I have a 90 gal reef and the wife is just starting up a 40g breeder frag tank! Always looking for frag swaps closer than SA and Austin!

First time I've seen the thread, since I'm kinda new here. I'm in southwest austin too, and have already made several trips to the frozen tundra of far north austin for frags. Good to see tanks like Roy-V's in closer proximity (Roy if you ever have SPS frags let me know!!)

Archived