New to the area but not the game

FrankenBakon

Hello to all my fellow reefers in the Austin area, Chris here and I'll be Moving to Bastrop in about a month from Atlanta Georgia and coming from our own ARC so I'm excited to become a part of this new community. Will be *trying* to move a 200g system along with all the critters, corals and equipment from Atlanta to Bastrop around the 15th of April

Want to keep it short for now but nice to be here and hope to meet some locals once I'm settled in.

Quick question since I'm posting anyway.. Are there any acrylic company's that may be able to refresh my tank in the Austin area? It's a pretty old system that could use a good refinishing to remove multiple scratches if anyone knows any places that do that please let me know!

Welcome. I don't personally know of anyone who does refinishing, but if there is someone local, I'm sure a member would know. I started to refinish a cube tank by hand and power drill with a buffing pad and I don't blame you at all for hiring someone. Crazy how much work it takes.

Welcome. I don't personally know of anyone who does refinishing, but if there is someone local, I'm sure a member would know. I started to refinish a cube tank by hand and power drill with a buffing pad and I don't blame you at all for hiring someone. Crazy how much work it takes.

I tried very briefly to do it myself and I just don't have the patience for it lol I'd much rather spend some to get it redone although now that I'm thinking about it maybe a move is as good of a time as any to rebuild and start anew!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome to the REAL ARC lol

First, welcome to the Texas ARC and secondly who talked you into Bastrop? lol Seriously you have joined a great group, I have received a lot of help from here and it has been great.

First, welcome to the Texas ARC and secondly who talked you into Bastrop? lol Seriously you have joined a great group, I have received a lot of help from here and it has been great.

LOL! my partner and I will be living on family land. I'm from the big city so I'm actually excited for the small town country aspect of it all

Archived