Looking For Maroon Coral Of Some Type

madsalt

I am looking for a maroon coral of some type. I would rather stay away from SPS at this point if possible but will go with that if it is my only option. My wifes birthday is coming up and she is an aggie, so maroon it is. She is amazing and allows me to have this expensive hobby (she really enjoys it too) so I would like to get it for her birthday. Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

There aren't many things that are solid red, let alone maroon. Most corals will have red on them along with other colors.

Without SPS or LPS in consideration, you're down to red mushrooms, zoanthids and palythoas. You may also try RBTA, though not entirely maroon it is still a nice red. Maybe a Red Death Paly?

There aren't many things that are solid red, let alone maroon. Most corals will have red on them along with other colors.

Without SPS or LPS in consideration, you're down to red mushrooms, zoanthids and palythoas. You may also try RBTA, though not entirely maroon it is still a nice red. Maybe a Red Death Paly?

I am ok with LPS or SPS, I am just trying to keep things simple in my tank right now without going too crazy. I do not dose or anything right now so when I start adding LPS and SPS it starts to change the game for me.

There is a maroon NPS of some sort.

I only know this because it came on a rock I bought as a multi Rock from the dome. It twas "slimed over" when I got it and Ithought it would be more true red than aggie red from what it looked in the store. A couple weeks later and I have stupid aggie red in my display!

It's okay though because the aggressive SEC morph of zoas around it keep it in check!

I haven't looked on the back side of it lately, but I would be willing to bet there is a piece that could be trimmed.

I don't have a good pic handy....and obviously now is not a good time. I'll check this thread this afternoon after work and see if you are interested.... You say you like to keep it simple, so I don't know if NPS is something you are interested in.

And the substrate represents the new coa... nevermind

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Haha very nice, she does love her some Johnny Football

If you really want to add value to the tank and impress her at the same time add some burnt orange.hook'em!

I don't even have orange clowns, I have maroon.

If you want to keep it reallllly simple and give a gift that will truly keep giving... Kenya Tree is a maroonish color. :)

Now way. I had that once before, ONCE. Not doing that again. I did the hey I'm new to saltwater and corals what can I have that is easy and I was given Kenya tree, never again

Friends don't give friends kenya trees or xenia

So the xenia I could manage but the kenya tree was ridiculous. My wife is all about the tank (lucky me) and she likes the flowly stuff but even said it had to go.

Archived