JR Renteria

Hello,

I am a Newbie to ARC.... I have been out of aquatics for about 5 or 6 yrs.... Recently started me a 20G Long tank that my father-in-law gave me.... I have had it going for about a month... I've been hitting the LFS again, and started off with some frags.. List of things:

20 Gallon Long

2 * 65 watt PC's with 2 Led Lunar Lights

Tetra Heater

Marineland HOB Power Filter

Hydor Nano 425 Wavemaker

PowerSweep 160 Power Head

@40 lbs LR

@30 lbs crushed coral

Livestock

1 Banghai Cardinal

1 Peppermint Shrimp

3 Red leg hermits

3 Blue leg hermits

3 Cerith Snails

3 Nassarus Snails

2 Coraline Snails

1 Astrea Snail

1 Bumble Bee Snail

Coral Frags

Shrooms - Blue, Red & Green

Yellow Polyps

Toadstool Leather

Leather Tree

Pulsing Xenia

Green Leather

With the exception of the Shrooms, all of the other coral are frags that I picked up for cheap... I am excited to join this new group, and look forward to seeing my Tank develop....

I will be keeping my eye out on frags, but I am interested in some star polyps & frogspawn (not sure how difficult these will be) & any other corals that on the begginner side...

My Xenia & Green Leather aren't doing too good... I have them placed towards the mid to upper region.... Thanks once again for taking time to read my post, and any help with starting out my tank would be appreciated..

Welcome to the club. I have found frogspawn to be easy to care for (it was my second frag and has grown 2-3 times it's size in 6 months). I think I'd say, without experience myself, the blue star cloves are easy. Most would replace that with envasive and spreading everywhere in the tank. So, I figure if it grows where you don't want it to, and is hard to kill, it has to be a beginner coral.

Archived