Sexy sticks right here!

Sherita

My stick collection is very limited right now. I'm starting over with them after a tank crash last year. Here's a few of my starter sticks.

SPS1.jpg

SPS3.jpg

SPS4.jpg

SPS6.jpg

SPS8.jpg

SPS10.jpg

SPS11.jpg

SPS15.jpg

I'm planning on coming to Austin next weekend (stupid weather screwed up this weekend). While I'm down, I'm hoping to catch up with Ty and gather up a few more sticks for my start over. I've got a few that I really miss.......red planet, candlelight, tyree pink and blue. And, I have no milli's. Which is a terrible tragedy, because I do so love them. Hopefully I will have some soon.

You take amazing pictures Sherita!

Thanks Ty! I am hoping to one day have a real macro lens to take photos with, but I just can't make myself drop that kinda coin. After all, that money could be used for corals, LOL.

Agree, nice pics.

Re: macro lens. Don't forget about the used market. Also, the 'off brand' lens companies(Sigma, Tamron, Tokina) all make very good macros and are cheaper than Nikon or canon. I grabbed a spotless Sigma 150 a few years ago off Ebay for about 2/3 of MSRP (still wasn't cheap).

Sherita, it looks like you're off to another amazing start. I recently started my own fruit stand, so if you have any tips for a beginner feel free to lay them on me!

I don't know anything about fruit stands, but if you are starting a new frag system I might have some advice to offer.

Very nice.

Watch out for high level of KH. I just wipe out

most of my sexy sticks after coming home from a trip.

All these years and I still make reefing mistakesdoh.gif

That's terrible. I"m so sorry to hear. How did it happen? I run kalk in my topoff water, so I don't worry too much about it going way high. Are you running a kalk stirrer?

Sherita, it looks like you're off to another amazing start. I recently started my own fruit stand, so if you have any tips for a beginner feel free to lay them on me!

I don't know anything about fruit stands, but if you are starting a new frag system I might have some advice to offer.

Haha I call some tanks fruit stands because they look like a supermarket produce section instead of reefs. When you stack rocks with a big base, slanting towards the back of the glass and going up the tank, it looks like a fruit stand base. You start adding corals of all different colors, sizes, and shapes and it looks like the fruit that you're buying.

I run BRS soda ash, calcium chloride and mag. I was playing with KH dosing pump and tuned it too fast.

I mixed it a little high on the last batch of KH. Came home after a weekend trip and the soda ash container was

empty. It was too late SPSs had bleached and lost a few nice acan colony. Pissed me off but then I just have to

live with it. Will do a large water change next week due to all the die off has cause a algae bloom in my tank.

I might do what you are doing Sherita, mix the soda ash in my ATO water.

I mix BRS kalk in my topoff water. More than once my float has stuck and dumped the whole 5g of water into the tank, with nary a loss because of it. I don't dose anything else, but rely on large frequent water changes to keep things in balance.

Nothing fancy on the lights. I'm running the chinese black box 120w full spectrum dimmables, comparable to what reefbreeders sells. Less than $200 a unit, and they produce better color than anything I've seen from the expensive units. My zoas and lps also love these lights. This makes me very happy :)

Nothing fancy on the lights. I'm running the chinese black box 120w full spectrum dimmables, comparable to what reefbreeders sells. Less than $200 a unit, and they produce better color than anything I've seen from the expensive units. My zoas and lps also love these lights. This makes me very happy :)

For sure your SPS look absolutely amazing, those lights are definitely doing the job! And for the price that's awesome!!!

I've certainly been happy with them. They grow all of my corals amazingly well. The zoas are huge and bright, all the lps's are happy as can be, and the sps surely do show their colors nicely, with very good growth. These will be the lights over my 210 Bedroom Fantasy Reef build that is going on right now.

Archived