Nudibranch?

subsea

I do not think it has a shell but I have never seen it out this long. It is just over 2" long. l The pictures from Australia look like it as best I can tell. Thank you, Mike. I will set a better camera up with a tripod. Hopefully, I can get better pictures.

Patrick

Long shot but if you find it's a pest and eats sponges I may be interested if you want to get rid of it...

He has been in the system for 1 year. At times, he will disappear for a month or two. This tank has been set up for 12 years and I welcome diversity. In thinking of a pet name, "orange slug" comes to mind.

Patrick

Long shot but if you find it's a pest and eats sponges I may be interested if you want to get rid of it...

He has been in the system for 1 year. At times, he will disappear for a month or two. This tank has been set up for 12 years and I welcome diversity. In thinking of a pet name, "orange slug" comes to mind.Patrick

id name him buger :)

The pictures are a little fuzzy, does it look like this?http://www.nudibranch.com.au/pages/6307a.htm

Mike,

Thank you for the link to the pictures. It does look the same. The orange slug came in with Florida aquacultured rock that was diver collected in 30' of water 30 miles west of Tampa Bay. These offshore leases have been maintained for more than 20 years.

Patrick

Very neat picture. The image seems to show it as if looking at its underside while crawling on glass. I have seen him on the glass only once in a year. I have several variety of chitin. They have similiar feeding behavior.

Thank you for the identification help.

Patrick

Archived