New Product Sneak Preview

BuildMyLED

These look great!

Are you thinking about offering some pre-selected reef spectrums (I love my 2 48" BMLs on my 75!)? I would love something like this where I could stage a sunrise/sunset with blues going to full spectrum mid-day.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, Apex Controllable and we will offer pre-configured spectra options :-) Will have estimated availability dates soon.

Nick

Are these still coming? I don't seem them on the web site. It is getting time for me to replace the MH bulb on my nano tank, and I would really like to transition it to a BML fixture :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, Apex Controllable and we will offer pre-configured spectra options :-) Will have estimated availability dates soon.

Nick

So it will be controllable through the Apex, this is good. Being three channels, will this require us to have a VDM for each fixture given the VDM is four channels.

How much controllability will we have through the Apex.? Will we be able to manually control each channel on the fly or will we have to use like we do now, just up and down dimming ?

I plan on replacing my two 48" fixtures and adding a third one., an upgrade option would be awesome

You can programmably control each channel with the Apex. Whether or not you'd need additional VDM's will depend on how you're running the lights, as you can use splitter cables and plug multiple channels (or the same channel from multiple fixtures) into the same port.

It won't be possible to upgrade existing fixtures...this setup requires a totally different configuration of wiring that would mean stripping out and re-building everything inside the housing. Also, for the time being Multi-Channel fixtures will only be available in XB spectrums.

Nick's already designed the Multi-Channel 20,000K and is working on one more reef spectrum plus the freshwater options. I expect these to hit the website relatively soon, although not before the launch of the Multi-Channel controller...I believe that one should be out in a matter of days.

Cheers,

Cara