FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

I'll be curious to see how well it maintains those colors and if they'll change at all over time. In Ty's tank it'll probably just erupt into a rainbow of colors you could only see while on drugs.

Well, this is direct progeny from the original Colorado Sunburst. The owner of Elite Reefs has about 11 in her tank I believe. Once one splits, she moves it to the store to sell. So, I'd say the colors have shown they can be maintained for a quite awhile. Now, the question is, will it be maintained once I put it under LEDs.

Elite Reef kept it under a 400-watt MH so I put it under mine to not have to fight acclimation too much.

I'll be curious to see how well it maintains those colors and if they'll change at all over time. In Ty's tank it'll probably just erupt into a rainbow of colors you could only see while on drugs.

Well, this is direct progeny from the original Colorado Sunburst. The owner of Elite Reefs has about 11 in her tank I believe. Once one splits, she moves it to the store to sell. So, I'd say the colors have shown they can be maintained for a quite awhile. Now, the question is, will it be maintained once I put it under LEDs.

Elite Reef kept it under a 400-watt MH so I put it under mine to not have to fight acclimation too much.

Where did you order your lights from?

http://www.addictiveaquaculture.com/12-led-lighting-reef-grow

Sometimes its cheaper and sometimes its more expensive than the Ocean Revive site.

Yeah I saved enough money to get some stuff for the tank since today was my birthday and I received a little bit of cash. The T247 is out of stock on the Oceanrevive website as well!

Thanks!

• Like 1

More pictures!! snack.gif

Ty, I am jealous of your Colorado Sunburst BTA. Mike F and I got one last year but it died. I am in the market for another and have been kicking around getting a Coral Collections Flame Tip which is extremely similar. Does your source have any additional Sunbursts available right now? My previous source doesn't have another right now or I would have bought one 2 months ago...

post-1603-0-11926300-1438969083_thumb.jp

My source is Elite Reefs in Denver. I walked into the store and it was just sitting in a basket under 400-watt halides. My jaw dropped because it looked so spectacular and I told the nice lady to put it in a bag before someone else got it.

They said they have 11 in a grow out tank at all times and when one splits, they bring it up to the store to sell. They said they are slow splitters.

Hi Cameron, I do have algae, just in different forms than most. I have red turf algae and dictyota, although my blonde naso destroyed the dictyota and I don't see it anymore.

I actually enjoy the red turf algae and let it grow. The tangs and angels pick on it and it's a healthy absorber of nitrates and phosphates.

But, to get to the source of it all, I control the amount of algae by controlling the nutrient levels. I haven't been able to keep up with your build but I just remember last that you were dealing with hair algae. I believe I may have mentioned that your amount of live stock in your tank might be a bit too much and more importantly, you introduced them too quickly. Quickly meaning that systems need time to adjust to larger, messier eating fish like tangs and angels. They have a huge biological impact on your tank. If you add multiple ones in a short span of time without allowing your system to adjust, then you'll just have an excess of nutrients.

If you catch yourself in this situation already, frequent water changes are ideal until your system can stabilize as well as frequent manual removal of the offending algae. Adding other pathways of nutrient reduction well help too, such as a refugium it reactors (biopellets, GFO, etc).