FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

LPS? Pshhhhh! You guys know where my heart lays... he lays a finger on my echinata and he won't see my boot coming!

31618fb1d4a4598f67dd77d5b18d4f24.jpg nom nom nom what's next!? That clam would have been delicious I bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I just thought it was cool to watch the wave currents ripple across the polyps of a large warp speed monti like wind across a field of grass.

Deeepppp... I know. [emoji14]

Very cool, my GSP does that and I don't have to dose..... Ha ha ha.

That's hilarious and a great point... self-torture I tell you.

LPS? Pshhhhh! You guys know where my heart lays... he lays a finger on my echinata and he won't see my boot coming!

31618fb1d4a4598f67dd77d5b18d4f24.jpg nom nom nom what's next!? That clam would have been delicious I bet.

A chill just went down my back...ohmy.png

Awww you got my fish! I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you! Sorry he's nipping at your corals. The good news is that they rarely destroy the whole colony. I've read before that they nip corals because they are missing something in their diet. Maybe try some angel food. The rest of the fish will eat it as well but it makes a mess. You'll have to feed it anyway if you want the transformation to complete. Good luck!

• Like 1

Yea he is missing coral flesh from his diet :)

First some Favia as queso and chips, then some candy cane as the Diablo shrimp appetizer, I see some zoas on the menu next as the chicken boom boom enchiladas and then for desert a tasty Hawkins as the tres leches cake.

• Like 2

Haha, nice one. Eating out with you sounds fun!

Thanks Sascha. I've been feeding him angelfish food mixed in with the mysis and other frozen food I feed. I also use some of the angelixir for the amino acids that is commonly found in sponges as well to soak his food in.

I may be just seeing what I want to see but he's looking even more yellow this week.

Mystery solved! I couldn't figure out why my alk kept dropping and I had to keep dosing it back up with 2-part. I kept lowering the pH on the CaRX to try to keep up. Once I was down to 6.30 pH, I knew something must be wrong. There was barely any noticeable media melting.

Lo' and behold, when I went to calibrate both probes (something I do every 6 months), the one for the CaRX had some sponge/bacterial growth on it. Once I cleaned that off and recalibrated, it read 6.70 pH on the same water... that's quite the difference in readings.

Hopefully this will take care of it but it explains my drooping Ca and alk levels.

Haha, testing is in my nature.

My old CaRX ran as smooth as butter for 2 years on my 125-gallon. Once dialed, it's pretty set. The actual issue on this one was the growth on the pH probe.

I think in any form of automated dosing, you'll have the ability to have issues if things malfunction. I just read on a bigger forum about two separate 2-part dosers that overdosed alk or Ca in their respective systems. Go figure!

True that. With minimal searching you can find dozens of stories of people crashing their tanks with every style of supplementing. I've read about ph probes dying, carx effluent lines clogging, pumps dying, co2 tanks exploding, dosing pumps not turning on or not turning off, kalkwasser overdosing, kalkwasser destroying pumps and ato failure, too wide of swings from hand bolus dosing. There's just no such thing as fool proof and it's in our best interest to at least glance at our automated gear every day or two. My favorite part about automation is stability, not a lack of husbandry. I think most of us are in agreement on that. I know my personal biggest fear when leaving for any stretch of time is that one of my automated systems will fail and I won't be there to intervene.

Hello handsome!

eebaa1321d2dfad047e637f0b4465e46.jpg

I sure hope he's worth the war corals, zoas, and fungias I'm giving up! Yup, he decided orange fungias, red fungias, and a couple of choice zoas/palys were tasty. [emoji30]

I was prepared to give those up for the regal angelfish so I guess it should be the same for the emperor. The fungias break my heart though... I could be very happy with an SPS and fungia tank only.

if the 'Seth' lord can't convey reason, there is yet little hope for the future of the zoos. the emperors evil is beyond the force Ty! 3f05be017089240ff9fef4b31fbca412.jpg

Edited by Bluemoon
  • Like 3

That's hilarious. I am just simply tying to capitalize on "ImusthaveanangelTy" self inflicted pain. He knew this would happen. This is his regal angel de stock plan. And a little bird told me Ty has been to RCA 3 times this week interviewing that huge Queen Angel they have.

He already has a evil emperor might as well have a queen Leia as well.

And I already made a deal with Gig Em.

He gets the LPS, we split the fungia and I get the zoas.

Next thing you know there will be nothing to munch on but SPS.

:)

Some frags I picked up this weekend.

Sams

Superman acro

fa169adeb7b0e91c08c08eb63872c09f.jpg

I went over there to pick up this beauty. Had to wrestle 2 other ARC members for it... good thing for that low center of gravity I have. [emoji57]

Sams

Aussie strawberry shortcake

1f500fb69ceef174570da22d4d303937.jpg

Like In-N-Out, you have to know what to order off the secret menu. [emoji4]

Fishy Business

Northern lights nasuta

268c533749aa2c70e8157fdbbb07b319.jpg

I almost got out of there without a reef lecture... almost...

• Like 1