Macro id

(Bio)³

Can anyone is this red macro? Its under a par 38 blue/white led. It was much darker with less light but as it lost color growth increased which was expected.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Does it have holdfast?

It could be Gracilaria Cervicornis.

No holdfast infact I had to hook it into the basket to keep it from flowing out of the ac20.

Is this a form of ogo? I'm just trying to get enough for a ceviche to share with my parents. They are curious, but I don't want to hurt anyone so I might have to order real ogo

Does it have holdfast?

Looking at images I feel its either this or parvispora. Would a picture of it removed onto white paper help? I'll admit I'm having a hard time distinguishing the difference. Too much fiberglass and drywall dust in my eyes from the shop, and I need to get into the eye doctor eventually.

If it is G. Cervicornis, I have enjoyed the crisp delicate flavor. When using in chevichee, add it to the marinade when eating it. The citric acid in the lime juice reduces the crispness to a limp and almost rubbery texture.

It does not attach and is more suitable to tumble culture. As soon as winter upgrade is complete, I will be tumble culturing one 150G tank to be used as Red Ogo.

I have found G. Parvispora to be a little coarser than G. Cervicornis. Both do well in tumble culture and both have a crisp delicate flavor.

Laissez la bonne tems roulee,

Patrick

PS. My problem with Gracilaria Parvispora is the heat of summer in Texas Hill Country. It will not thrive above 80 degrees.

Does it have holdfast?

No holdfast infact I had to hook it into the basket to keep it from flowing out of the ac20.

Is this a form of ogo? I'm just trying to get enough for a ceviche to share with my parents. They are curious, but I don't want to hurt anyone so I might have to order real ogo

Plastic basket?

Does it have holdfast?

Plastic basket?

That thing in the ac20 you pull out to change media?

Do you mean Aquaclear 20 HOB filter? Are you growing macro in the back of it?

I thought you might be using a plastic basket of some kind to keep your macros separate from one another. That might actually be a good idea in my refugium.

Archived