Fragging kit

Wade

Looks good... but if you want to pick your tools you should visit a medical type website. My wife purchased me a large kit in which she selected each tool... a few years ago from a medical site and I still use them.

Sent from my HTC VIVID using Tapatalk

I'm guessing that the quality and selection was better on the medical website. Can you tell me which tools you found to be the most useful (type/size) so I don't buy stuff that looks cool, but I'll never use?

So all the forceps and scissors really aren't needed. Yeah I can probably get away a bit cheaper or the same price, but better quality by hand picking the tools I need instead of getting a kit. Good times. Thanks guys. I don't have any SPS or LPS that are even close to needing to be fragged yet, but I do on occasion have to snap the post off a frag plug for which I'm currently using a pair of pliers which are not stainless. I imagine the bone cutters will also allow me to break the frag itself off the plug or if it's attached to some rock to brake the rock just below the frag (taking a piece of the rock with it and not damaging the frag). I suppose forceps would be handy to grasp and hold either a frag or what it's attached to as an extension of your hand although I'm not sure often it would actually get used. Maybe it would keep you from getting the glue on your fingers.

I have the same kit and it works fine. Note that they will rust. Their sneaky description says "virtually rust free" and "rust resistant coating". I think that they are really made of plain steel with a stainless steel coating. I make sure to put them up dry and occasionally rub them down with coconut oil to prevent corrosion and seizing. BTW, I do use the scissors for fragging leathers.

Also, I hate big tubes of glue. They always end up with a lot of waste. I buy lots of 3 paks of super glue gel at the dollar store. A cheap way to always have a fresh tube for every frag session.

Another great place to look for tools is Harbor Freight. They have a decent selection and are cheap enough to easily replace. The local gun shows always have some tables in the back with vendors selling a large variety of stainless medical tools too.