Tapatalk 4 release

TT 4 just released (I grabbed the beta a while back and love it) This week only it is 99 cents then balloons back up to 4.99

If your ever browsing the forum from a phone this is a must have. I used to be in the boat "why pay for an app when I can use the browser"

This app will make life even easier than using your browser. Picture uploading is great and you can also get notifications via push for following/pm type things.

******ANDROID VERSION is the one I seee on sale, I dont know about you Iphone slingers.*******

TT 4 or TT HD is not an upgrade it is a new app. I have both the free TT version and the 4/HD that I downloaded free when it was in beta.

Amazon does give it as a free app but it is the TT 1 or 2

I thought I would share this email that was sent to me so that you can be aware of the change to Tapatalk's advertising policy:

Dear Forum Owners,

We are excited to announce that Tapatalk is going to begin testing a free version of Tapatalk and in-app ads as a way to help you make money from mobile traffic.

Moving from a paid app to a free app

We recently started to offer the Tapatalk app for free for iOS devices. Since we began to test the free version, we are very happy to report a significant increase in downloads.

Testing ad formats

In the next few days, we will begin to test ad formats on Tapatalk. The ad formats will be integrated within topics, and there will be three formats; banner ads, app installs, and “Promoted Topics” (similar to Facebook’s Promoted Stories).

During this initial phase, we will be testing technical integrations. The frequency of ads will be very low, and many of your users may never see an ad.

You can view screen shots of the ad formats here

After the test

We expect the test phase to run 30-90 days. At the end of test, we will have a good understanding of the performance of the various ad formats. We will also determine the revenue model, and we will retroactively share the ad revenue from the test period with you.

We are excited about helping you earn money from users accessing your forum through Tapatalk. Over the next few weeks, we will provide you updates on the test and will monitor and respond to feedback on the Tapatalk Engagement and Monetization support forum.

Eric Sternbach
Head of Community Monetization Tapatalk

Are you able to opt out of ads as a forum owner?

Yes, and I believe that even if I opt in that only users of the "free version" would see it.

That said, we currently do have advertisements on the ARC site. Not being subject to them is one of the many benefits that Premium Members receive.

Archived