Tank Controller - Worth it?

TheKipf

You guys really don't help deter my 'buy it right the first time' mentality. And I thought it wouldn't be too expensive to start up the tank again. tongue.png

Good to know you can DIY the spill probe - I'll have to read into that.

I can tell you this its very convenient to have a controller but if you do not plan on taking advantage of its full capabilities then its just a glorified timer that you can control easier. You can also get American dj and have individual power to each outlet.

I personally love my apex as I have created a feed button and to automatic turn on the cabinet light when the door is open I run AI vega so my apex can't control those. I have my pumps turn off when I press the feed button for 5 mins. There are many features that controllers can do to make life easier hope this helps

but if youre an AD card member you get a discount?

You don't get a discount on stuff like that. I think only live stock and seachem products. The only way to get a discount on an apex is from Get Pumped. That was the best deal I could find on it!

Another trick I noticed was to pay attention to what the unit comes with, some stores include a probe, various cables etc, others don't and you need all that stuff. That can make what seems like a great price end up actually costing you more.

Archived