Looking for a saltwater tackle store

AquaJohn

So I have been in Tx for 5 years now and have not been fishing in that time :( I have about 30 mid to top of the line reels of varying size I am looking to sell and have no clue if there are any reasonable used tackle stores out here that buy stuff :)

Or better yet a store that does fishing and shooting that would take them on trade for a fire arm :)

anything in the austin round rock area out to liberty hill will work .

ive lived here all my life and havnt come across such a store, best probly to list forsale and buy a gun u want with funds.

Only SW tackle stores I know are down by the coast. But I know some of us here love to fish and are always looking for some good tackle...

Just got back from a 60 hour tuna slaughter. Was a blast. My buddy and I each caught our 3 limit yellows, each about 60lbs. Hundreds of pounds of black tuna, rainbow runners, grouper, tile fish, jacks, snapper, and more.

Jensens on Parmer is going to be about your best bet locally, and it's not a great bet. There is a second hand shop in Mustang Ridge that you could visit, but don't get excited on the way out there.

It's all about Roy's Bait and Tackle in Corpus. Seriously. They are all business. We can ride down there sometime and look for black drum and reds along Port A and Rockport. Was catching 65lb black drum in the spring.

I've been buying a ton of vintage Ocean City reels lately. I'm shooting for a 12/0 to 16/0 Senator or OC soon.

I've been spending a lot of time deep sea and bay fishing lately. We can drag the 20' Mako to Aransas if you want.

Just got back from a 60 hour tuna slaughter. Was a blast. My buddy and I each caught our 3 limit yellows, each about 60lbs. Hundreds of pounds of black tuna, rainbow runners, grouper, tile fish, jacks, snapper, and more.

Jensens on Parmer is going to be about your best bet locally, and it's not a great bet. There is a second hand shop in Mustang Ridge that you could visit, but don't get excited on the way out there.

It's all about Roy's Bait and Tackle in Corpus. Seriously. They are all business. We can ride down there sometime and look for black drum and reds along Port A and Rockport. Was catching 65lb black drum in the spring.

I've been buying a ton of vintage Ocean City reels lately. I'm shooting for a 12/0 to 16/0 Senator or OC soon.

I've been spending a lot of time deep sea and bay fishing lately. We can drag the 20' Mako to Aransas if you want.

If you go around thanksgiving and hit the rockport pier black drum run right past the left side.

Good to know.

I was hitting 50"+ blacks from about 200' out in Port Lavaca in early April each night about 9:00 using half crabs. Just a lot of fun. Straight catch and release for sure. We would land about 12 a night in the 3 hours or so it would stay hot on the bite and then when it quit we'd go inside. Cast out as far as you could with a 3 oz weight, my Penn Legion 7'6" is a little whippy to chunk a half crab far but it didn't matter at all. After about 20 minutes of sitting in my pier cart it would just bend over and bob around. I'd get over and set the hook and just hold on. That Penn Battle Cast 5000 would just strip line like crazy. Then as the line faded I'd steer the pole and the fish and let them know I was there and they would stop and be turned back. At that point it was reel line as fast as you could because they were charging at you. They would strip a couple hundred feet about 3 more times before landing them and then you had to coax them back into the water.

The only thing that sucked was the locals. They got all pissed off that we were letting them go. They could have cared less about slot limits that produce more fish for next year. The Vietnamese and Korean shrimpers kept coming over and saying, "anything that gets on my hook gets on my plate".

When you catch tuna fish, one quickly realizes that this fish has the strength and endurance that is second to none. During my time offshore, as a deep water subsea engineer, we were often in blue water in excess of 5000'. Flying fish were abundant with nutrient rich Caribbean water bringing up mats of Sargassum seaweed. At the main deck level about 75' above the water, the view to see into the water was magnificent. During summer doldrums, we would be 150 miles offshore with absolutely no breeze. The surface of the water allowed little distortion. Fish 50' under water were floating as in air. During the cool of the evening, the flying fish would come out. At our elevated viewing position, it was easy to see the flight of this fish. Inevitable, the food brought in the predator. Lagging behind each fish in its 1 minute flight, was a shadow. When the flying fish landed in the water, the shadow would make up the difference and the water would explode at that junction of predator/prey. I have caught these magnificent fish using 20 lb tackle with 1000' line spool. After a 2 hour fight with a 50 lb Yellow Fin, I ended up with muscle cramps the next day.

Mike, I put Black Drum and Red Drum in the same category as tuna fish. That was some kind of bodacious trip you had in April. Patrick

Bio I love that T head that I think you are talking about, the one at the park. The only thing for me is that they changed the lighting last year to these tiny green LED's and they don't bring in near the bait that they used to. Also can't see to tie knots like before, now I have to take a lantern. But yes the left side is the best. I found there is a reef of some sort out about 400' and once your cork passes over it, it will almost always sink with a huge gaff top on the other side. Sure it's just gaff top, but it's fishing. Have caught a few good shark there as well, however I try and get them back in the water as soon as possible. I have no desire to fillet shark caught at the pier.

• Like 1