Major rock rescape

Bpb

So I'll be doing a major rock rescape at some point this week or possibly next. There are a couple large pieces of base rock want to remove and replace with some better stuff I've got cured. I don't plan to stir up the sand bed too much in the process but I do realize that it will naturally happen. My biggest concern is breaking some of my sps in the process but I think I'll be alright. My goal is for the tank to not only look better, but to get the stacks closer to the light, and maybe free up some swimming space

My new bubble tip is still roaming a bit, and my wife and I are going out of town Friday and Saturday, so I may want to wait till Monday so I can be here to watch everything.

Right now my current batch of salt is mixing pretty hot, with alk way higher than I'm currently running, so a big water change is out. Should I just run maybe half gfo and half carbon, fresh, and then change it again in a couple days to soak up any phosphate or bloom in organics. I guess I could to to petco and buy a little bag of plain IO so I can do a bigger wc.

I plan to leave as many rocks and fish in the tank as possible during the process. Just removing frag plugs and and sandbed stuff. Maybe should I run some purigen the couple days after the change? Just brainstorming. I wanna minimize the nutrient bloom, but also don't want to strip the water too clean in the process. Y'all share any tips or experience you may have

I will find out, but after watching some videos on bulkreefsupply about aquascaping, it seems like the key to having an aquascape, and not a pile of rocks is hiding the seams with small rubble. So I may bust up one of my rocks and buy a new stick of epoxy.

Work schedule with this new job has put off my rescape plans. I was gonna tackle it tomorrow but I'm suddenly concerned. I was gonna design a stack with my new rocks for the section of the tank I'm redoing, and was gonna epoxy it all together. I expected to use about half tube to a whole tube of instant ocean two part epoxy. It's "reef safe" and I've used it dozens of times for frag plugs, and just let it cure in the tank.

My tank is a mixed reef with about equal parts sps lps and softies. I'm now suddenly worried about adding that much wet epoxy in the tank to cure in water. Small amounts have been harmless but will a large amount irritate any corals or inverts? I can't make the stack dry and let it harden because the rock has been curing for 8 weeks and I don't want to start all over.

Ideas???

Instant ocean two part epoxy. Used it in small amounts many times. Just never alot all at once.

Problem with setting everything remotely is I wanted to use current rocks in the new scape that already have encrusted growth. Plus the rock scape won't all fit in past the center brace. Gotta be done in tank

Oh sure, ask for ideas and then add complication details...

Ok, so, your options are limited. If your glue is not safe in large doses, all you can do would be to do pieces that you can remotely and then add whatever can't be and glue it in the tank.

Yeah I figured that would probably be my only option. Just was hoping someone would say "yeah no problem use the whole stick! It's inert ". I'll use it sparingly and just hope i can stack it to where I don't need a ton.

Archived