Id please. Medusa worm?

bige

I got some new macro and I have found a ton of stuff. These are medusa worms right? I've never seen them small. One is less than a inch. The other is 6". post-1406-137079537628_thumb.jpg

post-1406-137079539288_thumb.jpg

Definitely what it looks like to me. The Dome gets them in periodically but usually much larger. From what Hunter said they are very fragile so make sure there aren't exposed powerheads. He said if one gets sucked in at their tanks it's a gonner.

I read that also. This thing is spitting out baby's by the hand full. I have 3 that are 6" long. And dozens that are an inch.

Did it come from the grunge that I scopped from bottom of tank buried in the ground? Patrick

I read that also. This thing is spitting out baby's by the hand full. I have 3 that are 6" long. And dozens that are an inch.

Did it come from the grunge that I scopped from bottom of tank buried in the ground? Patrick

Yes it did.

That is so cool! It's very rare for most cucumber species to reproduce in aquaria. Is it possible to get several from you?

Tim,

You must come to the source for Medusa. Remember, Hercules vanquished the Medusa but many perished in the "Quest for Knowledge".

Patrick

Yes it did.

Neat, thank you for documenting the event. Patrick

This is just one of the many surprises that came in on my $10 refugium kit from Aquaculture Ranch. I also found some pods that are about 1" long.

I also had to look hard when I saw the size. I have purchased numerous strains of pods. One species is slightly red. I am setting up a lagoon to have a 24/7 live feed on my website. I will provide a link to the Red Planet. All pods will be red under that light. The red LED really lite up the Creamcycle Mollies. It is good that your pods are in refugium to begin multiplying. They are excellant herbivores and will consume abundant microalgae.

Patrick.

Archived