Is this reef safe?

ckyuv

Plastic gnome wearing the colors of the next Super Bowl champs. If not reef safe, can I do something to make it reef safe?

The gnome has pink shoes. What team has those colors? Patrick

Clearcoat...**** tons of it...and time... But realize it will get covered with coraline and will make it look like you are a Baltimore fan....

Oh crap I didn't think about that, he will get smothered in the color of luck! Any clear coat in particular? I got plenty of duplicolor, are they all mostly reef safe?

Plastic gnome wearing the colors of the next Super Bowl champs. If not reef safe, can I do something to make it reef safe?

The gnome has pink shoes. What team has those colors? Patrick

Not only do the texans have a great football team but they also support breast cancer awareness lol

• Like 3

I would be very cautious about adding it to your tank and what clearcoat you use to seal it up well enough not to leach potential hazards into your tank.... When I have watched Tanked they go thru a fairly rigid process to reef safe decorations...

Ok ill have to see if Walmart has a clear krylon fusion tonight, also if I drill a hole in it to let water in it so it don't float I won't be able to paint the inside. is the exterior paint what I'm worried about leaching into the tank or is it also the plastic? The gnome can always stay on the top of the tank if its a bad idea I just figured it could work somehow

Check out my pico build in the specialty reef section. I sprayed everything with about 3 coats of clear and let it cure for 48hrs then ran it under water. Once i do get some algae I plan on scrubbing with a toothbrush and not allowing it to attach.