What is this

bigmike015

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hello, I am new to this and I have had my take maybe two months now taking care of my beta fish. Just recently since my last water change i have noticed an abundance of an orange substance on my rocks and decorations. I noticed a small amount during the last water change it wiped off under hot water and i thought nothing of it. my beta seem fine is this normal? i recently have lost on fish in another take with seemingly no cause PLEASE HELPPPP

Hello, I am new to this and I have had my take maybe two months now taking care of my beta fish. Just recently since my last water change i have noticed an abundance of an orange substance on my rocks and decorations. I noticed a small amount during the last water change it wiped off under hot water and i thought nothing of it. my beta seem fine is this normal? i recently have lost on fish in another take with seemingly no cause PLEASE HELPPPP

Are you talking about a Marine Beta (Calloplesiops altivelis) or a FW Betta (Betta splendens)? You may get better help focused on you if you start your own thread. If you want to do that, private message (PM) me or a moderator, and we'd be happy to help you.

OP, I hope for your sake it's algae and not diatoms or the dreaded dinoflagellates. Your choices are fairly different depending on your ID being correct. Since that's an old post, have you figured it out?

Archived