AAF eBay sales ending 3/24/13

Mitch

It's good practice to always dip, irrespective from who/where you've gotten a coral.<br /><br />Dave, which tank did your frag(s) come out of? The colony and frag that I had picked up where from the tank closest to the door, and I did not have any noticeable pests (knock on wood).<br /><br />Also my one item (lobo) has already exceeded my max as well.

It's good practice to always dip, irrespective from who/where you've gotten a coral.<br /><br />Dave, which tank did your frag(s) come out of? The colony and frag that I had picked up where from the tank closest to the door, and I did not have any noticeable pests (knock on wood).<br /><br />Also my one item (lobo) has already exceeded my max as well.

well lets cross our fingers that the branching hammers don't get out of our reach. I already made room in my tank for then and your teal hemmersdribble.gif

100% agree nobody wants a RTD (reef transmited disease). My corals were in the back tank.

ct67stang did not win the hammer... it went for a whopping $77!... i think his max bid was just shy of that...

fyi, the acro that ShawnM, Lisap, and I were interested in went for $23.15... before the end of the sales, i ended up picking a whole colony for ~5x that much and got significantly more coral...

if you want to find out how much the various items that we were bidding on, the links are still good and show how much they sold for.

I too picked up some flatworms from the AAF sales. Which tank its in, is irrelevant, as the entire farm shares the same water supply. I tossed a little FWE in the water, and it started snowing in my tank. Too bad it didn't seem to bother the red planaria :/ Probably have to dose again soon.

I didn't find that FWE was useful. It seemed to kill what I saw on the glass, but in just a little time, I could those boogers back on the glass. I got a melanurus wrasse instead to hopefully take care of any unwanted pests.

FWE works, but you have to ensure you follow the directions. Dose once, then if it doesn't seem to harm them, you dose 50% more. If that doesn't work, you're supposed to isolate a few of them into 1 cup of water, and add 1 drop every 30 seconds, till you see them react. Use that number as the multiplier for drops needed. ie. Recommended dosage * X = actual dosage needed. For some it's been as high as 5 drops per cup, so it would turn out to 8 drops x 5 = 40 drops (10 gallons) or one capful (approx)

I should add, the higher the dosage, the more likely you'll lose some inverts...

On my first go around, I siphoned as many as I could from the rocks, sand, and glass, then followed the recommended dosing. For those that remained, I did see them "die", but after a few months I had another noticeable outbreak. This time around I followed the recommended dosage again, but actually saw some that seemed resistant, so I ended upping the dosage to 1.5X which seemed to kill the visible resistant ones. When they showed up the third time, i resorted to finding an alternative solution which ended up being the melanurus, and so far so good as i no longer see them on my glass.

Archived