AAF eBay sales ending 3/24/13

Mitch

The idea for this thread is for ARC members to list the items they are interested in so we try not to compete with our fellow members. If there is an item that someone else has already expressed interested in, then PM them and see if you can work out an arrangement, eg who's willing to pay the highest, one wins then later frags the item to give/sell to the other, etc.

I suggest using services like AuctionSniper.com to submit your last minute bid vs inflating the prices by continually counter bidding. If you don't have an account, it's free and they should give you a couple free snipes just to try it out.

More thoughts etc to follow...

---

Current AAF eBay items:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/austinaquafarms/m.html

Dang that sucks. I bid on all the same stuff. My the best man win. Good luck to you bro.

The idea of this thread is to work together in trying to win the item(s) at the lowest price possible vs competing with each other and inflating the price. Maybe you could figure out what the max price either is willing to buy it for and defer to the one with the highest max bid, and subsequently offer the other first rights to a frag etc.

ShawnM, would love to get first dibs on a frag of this? Alternatively, I could contribute to your max bid and we could frag it accordingly.

And if someone else is interested too, maybe he could contribute to the pot as well. I see 3 potential frags based on this pic: left branch, main centroid branch, and right branch.

Heads up! I see that they are selling via their main website a nice mini colony for $79:

http://austinaquafarms.com/shop/acropora-sp-19/

ct67stang, i'm also interested in this... could i get first dibs on a frag?!? wave.gif Alternatively, I could contribute to your max bid and we could frag it accordingly.

i havent seen this color on a branching hammer before so i was going to over pay for this and not lose it at any cost. so WHEN i get it (which i will) i can definitly work something out with you on it :). oh but watch out cuss acording to niko ill probably rip you offfish.gif just kidding

ct67stang, i'm also interested in this... could i get first dibs on a frag?!? wave.gif Alternatively, I could contribute to your max bid and we could frag it accordingly.

i havent seen this color on a branching hammer before so i was going to over pay for this and not lose it at any cost. so WHEN i get it (which i will) i can definitly work something out with you on it smile.png. oh but watch out cuss acording to niko ill probably rip you offfish.gif just kidding

I hope you are using an AuctionSniper type of service. If not, let's talk.

ct67stand, fyi, AAF website listed 3 head frag of the peach coral for $45.

http://austinaquafarms.com/shop/pink-tipped-hammer-euphyllia-sp-copy-2/

and 2 head frag for $39

http://austinaquafarms.com/shop/peach-branching-hammer-euphyllia-sp/

Not that either of these dictate how much you'll end up having to pay for it.

I had talked to Matt @ AAF and he said they often get eBay sales which exceed what they had asked for on their website.

i havent seen this color on a branching hammer before so i was going to over pay for this and not lose it at any cost. so WHEN i get it (which i will) i can definitly work something out with you on it :). oh but watch out cuss acording to niko ill probably rip you offfish.gif just kidding

Oh yeah... I feel the same way... Let the bidding war begin... J/k

ct67stand, fyi, AAF website listed 3 head frag of the peach coral for $45.

http://austinaquafarms.com/shop/pink-tipped-hammer-euphyllia-sp-copy-2/

and 2 head frag for $39

http://austinaquafarms.com/shop/peach-branching-hammer-euphyllia-sp/

Not that either of these dictate how much you'll end up having to pay for it.

I had talked to Matt @ AAF and he said they often get eBay sales which exceed what they had asked for on their website.

i never check their website. i should probably start because im sure im one of those that over pay. lol

ShawnM, would love to get first dibs on a frag of this? Alternatively, I could contribute to your max bid and we could frag it accordingly.

And if someone else is interested too, maybe he could contribute to the pot as well. I see 3 potential frags based on this pic: left branch, main centroid branch, and right branch.

Heads up! I see that they are selling via their main website a nice mini colony for $79:

http://austinaquafarms.com/shop/acropora-sp-19/

Mitch I cant seem to win any of these. How about you try to get it and I get dibs on the first frag.

Mitch I cant seem to win any of these. How about you try to get it and I get dibs on the first frag.

Ok, but I'm not gonna bid too high on the frag, as the colony available on their website is a great deal.

I've got an email out to Matt @ AAF about the colony. If I don't win the eBay frag at a minimal price, would you be interested in sharing the colony? We could easily get a nice mini-colony each and sell the remaining frags. Lmk your thoughts on this.

Also if there are any other interested parties, please chime in.

Ok, but I'm not gonna bid too high on the frag, as the colony available on their website is a great deal.

I've got an email out to Matt @ AAF about the colony. If I don't win the eBay frag at a minimal price, would you be interested in sharing the colony? We could easily get a nice mini-colony each and sell the remaining frags. Lmk your thoughts on this.

you guys should buy the colony its at last 6 times the sie of the frag on auction IMO of course. i wish i was sps ready but im not:( ill soon make a thead asking for help on the matter as soon as i install my sump. btw Mitch whats ur minimal price?

you guys should buy the colony its at last 6 times the sie of the frag on auction IMO of course. i wish i was sps ready but im not:( ill soon make a thead asking for help on the matter as soon as i install my sump. btw Mitch whats ur minimal price?

It depends on what Matt responds back to me as far as the size of the colony, but maybe $10 at most $15. I'm hoping to see it in person as well.

I'm in! If that's OK? I really wanted to buy that colony, but I'm afraid I'll kill it. I have a couple acros that are doing well, but... I'd much rather get just a frag.

Archived