[FS] REDUCED Designer Clowns

Brooks

Hi everyone,

I am wanting to gauge some interest in these designer clowns. I bought a lot in a group order to take my cherry pick of the batch for my broodstock project, and will be selling the others that don't meet the criteria of what I'm looking for.

If you check around, the prices on these are ridiculous even for small (<1.25") specimens, typically about $50 or $60 more.

Prices/Pictures are as followed (PICTURES ARE IN ORDER):

LARGE (1.75"+) Phantoms: $120

LARGE (1.75"+) Platinums: $110

LARGE (1.75"+) PREMIUM [Grade A] Picasso: $100
If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via PM.

post-830-0-67590600-1362955926_thumb.jpg

post-830-0-15441800-1362955938_thumb.jpg

post-830-0-78585000-1362955946_thumb.jpg

They're designer clowns, they're all priced more than your regular Oscellaris or Percula. Definitely not correct, and very unnecessary to call the prices "insane." You get what you pay for; a beautiful, one-of-a-kind fish that is tank-raised and not wild caught, much like what I'm sure you buy at most stores. AquaDome has a small pair of Phantoms for $500.

Let's try to keep comments about the pricing of designer clowns out of this thread.

Thank ya, Robb.

With a pair of WW already I agree designer clowns just pop smile.png I love mine so much I'm kicking out my bonded perc pair. Glws brooks they are pretty!

Agreed, Chris! Their personalities are better, too, in my opinion. Being tank raised, they are more used to human interaction at a younger age. This allows for more of a cool bond between the fish. Mine come up to the glass and the top of the water waiting for me when I enter the room. My Snow Onyx female even lets me hold her when my hand is in the tank. She sees my hand as a place for refuge. This definitely doesn't happen often with wild caught species.

I just got a misbar false perc from PETCO at stone hill here in Pflugerville. Have a tone of misbars up there. This leads me to ask are misbar more sought after or just a preference thing?

I just got a misbar false perc from PETCO at stone hill here in Pflugerville. Have a tone of misbars up there. This leads me to ask are misbar more sought after or just a preference thing?

Misbars typically aren't as sought after. I know with Percs a lot of times they are priced lower. Still awesome fish, IMO.

What happens if i breed them all together?

Phancassoblizzard

whats funny is I didn't mean it against you... I meant in general... wasn't saying you were trying to make money or anything of the sort.... for a single fish 140 bucks is insane even as beautiful as they are... insane for my budget anyway... I also said good luck with sale never said anything negative so people can take things how they would like.

Everyone, these clowns are BIG. They are not your average 1" you usually get. The Platinums are at least 2.25", the Phantoms are around 2" as well. And some of these Picassos are ridiculous.

This is my clown which was tank bred, and is a bred from a mated pair of Snowcasso's directly from doni's reef. I bought him form Lorraine, aka bluespotjawsifh. She is on the board of directors for MAAST. I paid a pretty penny for him. Now the question i have is what is this fish worth? (and i would like to hear all diffrent opinions) and the word snowcasso has been copyrighted by Doni's Reef. so techniclly my clown is a premium grade a picasso. Or the real question is what what you pay for a fish like this?

http://store.donisreef.com/categories/Percula-%252d-Snowcasso%C2%AE/

DONT SUE MY DONI! LOL

Percula - Snowcasso®

Snowcasso® clownfish are raised here at Doni's Reef. They are products of A. percula clownfish and are very rare. They are the picasso variant that have additional white; more than the normal grade A. The majority of coloration in each Snowcasso® is white (not solid white) with random orange/black patterns throughout.

IMPORTANT: Snowcasso® is a Registered Trademark and may only be used for fish bred & sold by Doni's Reef, Inc. Use of this word (or any other 'confusingly similar' word) to describe clownfish that were not bred & sold by Doni's Reef, Inc. is an infringement!

post-1919-0-40521200-1363332396_thumb.jp

post-1919-0-50809800-1363332399_thumb.jp

post-1919-0-52738100-1363332401_thumb.jp

post-1919-0-05965400-1363332403_thumb.jp

post-1919-0-03576500-1363332544_thumb.jp

post-1919-0-39839000-1363332560_thumb.jp

post-1919-0-46782200-1363332579_thumb.jp

Archived