acampbell's ecopico

ACampbell

Looks awesome!! What kind of algae does that guy eat?

They eat hair algae.

What kind of filteration are you using? Details! MAN DETAILS!!!!

Nice tank by the way!!!thumbsup.gif

It is just the little sponge filter that comes with the tank. I've been doing weekly 1 gallon water changes.

Brooks,

They are blue agaves. Aqua SD has had them for 30pp. I got mine from a guy in Hawaii. I have about 15 polyps now, they are pretty fast growers. Sorry if this is taking away from your thread, you have a very nice tank.

Yes they are the ASD Premium Agaves.

Andrew, is this the 4-gallon Ecoxotic Ecopico? I'm looking to do a pico and was wondering how you're liking it so far. What is the daily evaporation like?

Yes, though it is technically 5.1 gallons. With the glass lid removed I maybe lose 3/4 cup of water a day. Much less with the lid on.

Andrew, is this the 4-gallon Ecoxotic Ecopico? I'm looking to do a pico and was wondering how you're liking it so far. What is the daily evaporation like?

Yes, though it is technically 5.1 gallons. With the glass lid removed I maybe lose 3/4 cup of water a day. Much less with the lid on.

Oh wow, that's not as bad as some of the others' I've read. A lot of people have been saying they need to top off 1/2 - 1 gallon a day. From the reflection on the water in one of your pics, it looks like you added another LED strip? Or is that just from the distortion of the water? Are you planning on any fish? Sorry for all the questions, man. Only tank I've had was 60 gallons and a nano or pico makes me a bit nervous.

Oh wow, that's not as bad as some of the others' I've read. A lot of people have been saying they need to top off 1/2 - 1 gallon a day. From the reflection on the water in one of your pics, it looks like you added another LED strip? Or is that just from the distortion of the water? Are you planning on any fish? Sorry for all the questions, man. Only tank I've had was 60 gallons and a nano or pico makes me a bit nervous.

When I had mine, it was around 3/4 of a cup a day as well -- not too bad at all. Also, the lighting fixture is wide enough for you to fit 5 of the strips comfortably. Thats what I did... 3 blue and 2 white and the color was great!

The larger amounts of evaporation were probably from running hotter lights. The much cooler LED's should help a ton.

Are you planning on any fish? Sorry for all the questions, man. Only tank I've had was 60 gallons and a nano or pico makes me a bit nervous.

Think I am going the fishless route. No fish mean less nutrient export which is impotent for a setup with no skimmer.

If I ever find some panda gobies I would definitely get them. Give me a shout if you ever see some locally.

Archived