question about where to post something

Peter Gott

I think this reef keeping thread is a good place to review/share your experience. I tried looking up specific rules but the only one I really know is writing negative comments about non sponsor vendors so you should be good to go.

Technically, I believe we're supposed to refrain from promoting a non sponsored vendor. But I'd ask mFrame(mike) to be on the safe side.

Thanks for checking guys. As Brian mentioned, please adhere to forum rules regarding negative comments.

As for positive comments, we don't mind you talking about vendors, products, or services that you had a positive experience with. There are just a few things that we ask:

• before you buy something online, why not give our local stores and online sponsors a chance? I know from personal experience that most of our sponsors would rather match a price than lose the sale altogether, and their sponsorships do benefit the club.
  • if you think a vendor would be a good club sponsor, please PM me or an ARC staff member
  • posts determined to be an attempt to "bypass" sponsor rules will be moderated. We don't want vendors, their employees, friends or family creating a "This store or product is GREAT!" posts instead of formalizing the relationship with the club and coming aboard as a sponsor.
  • we do want to continue to provide an incentive for sponsors to support the club
  • please do NOT re-list or review items or sellers from classified or auction sites (Craigslist, eBay, etc.) - it just clutters up the forums way too much.

The club also does provide a formal way for vendors to supply a demo or sample product for official review (see our Equipment Review section). If you have a product you would like to formally review then PM me or the staff, there are some disclosures that we have the vendor agree to (one of which is the possibility that the review could be negative).

Archived