vho vs build my led

Funkness

are you talking about the mounting brackets that come in the box? I think its like 1/4 inch hole or something.

or are you talking about the rail slot you put the mounting brackets in? I dunno any screw that would fit that right.

I will post some mounting options for you later today. Until then, you can see how this customer created a mounting system for $1.50.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=314394

Also, remember to properly vent your canopy. Our fixtures rely on natural convection to transfer heat away from the LED junction. In an enclosed spaced, you would create an oven that would expedite the flux depreciation process. The cooler the ambient temperature...your LEDs will produce more light and they will have a longer useful life.

Nick

My light is in, and on the tank. This does not go well with the title "vho vs build my led" because I do not have VHO. I have a 36" PC fixture, Half 10000K / Half Actinic 460nm. The fixture is old, but the bulbs do not have many hours on them.

My camera is not doing justice to the actual light output at all. So much so that I almost don't want to post these. smile.png But here goes:

Just the Power Compacts:

post-2161-0-34228000-1353030812_thumb.pn

Just the BuildMy LED:

post-2161-0-25648200-1353030807_thumb.pn

Now both lights on at the same time:

post-2161-0-15182900-1353030800_thumb.pn

In person there is a HUGH difference, the BuildMy LED light is much much brighter. My PC fixture has no red or green so it is no surprising to me that you see some more red in the pics. From what I can tell so far I am very happy with them.

Now to get some stuff in the tank! LOL

Archived