FREE: White Lightning Sponge

prettyfishy76

I am giving away an Australian White Lightning Sponge which I paid $100 for it about 2 months ago. My tank is way too bright for this sponge and is too small to provide ample shade. So, the sponge is suffering, as it is not has thick as it was when I purchased it. It is not ugly or anything. I can just tell it isn't doing well in my tank. I'm sure it will do well properly shaded. It is kept in a tank with my seahorses, who LOVE it, but I want what is best for the sponge. It is too beautiful to let it ruin and I am not selfish enough to keep it just because it looks cool and have it wither away in the next few months. The sponge is rather large, approx. 9-10" tall and 9" wide. At night, the polyps come out, which is a nice sight.

If you feel as if you have the right set-up for it, PM me and we can arrange pick-up. I live in NW Austin, but either my husband or I can meet you somewhere if need be.I'm going to try and get a LARGE bag from a local fish store for transport. Remember, you do not want to expose this sponge to ANY air.

See attached photos.

post-2976-0-56852400-1351022791_thumb.jp

post-2976-0-28425100-1351022805_thumb.jp

• Like 1

I want to lie to you and tell you that it would do well in my tank sad.png Awesome piece.

At least you're honest! I wish it would've done well for me. It was so perfect for the seahorses. I have been scrubbing the algae from it each week and can feel the sponge getting thinner. My lights are SO bright!

Yeah, pretty awesome piece! My tank is way too bright as well and is geared towards SPS, so no go there. I really hope the person picking it up can keep it alive. It would be a shame otherwise. That is very generous of you to give it away like that. Cheers!

-Ty

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty awesome piece! My tank is way too bright as well and is geared towards SPS, so no go there. I really hope the person picking it up can keep it alive. It would be a shame otherwise. That is very generous of you to give it away like that. Cheers!

-Ty

Thank you. It's not in perfect shape and I'm not sure how many people out there can actually keep it alive for a long period of time... I would have felt bad charging someone for something that isn't in perfect shape.

• 1 month later...