Carrier AC question

DerrickH

Im renting a house in Jarrell and the company Im renting through is giving me the serious run around. The house has the main AC unit in the attic. Its a carrier system. Most the houses in my neighborhood have the same brand/model of AC unit. Mine has developed a leak in the plastic trap pan and is draining in the emergency drain pan under the unit. Apparently there are a lot of homes in the neighborhood that have had this problem. Im at the point of paying out of pocket to have this thing fixed right since the rental company is being a pita. Below is a pic of their idea of a drain line(emergency drain pan line). This litterally drains onto the sidewalk on the front of my house. within an hour of them putting this in, the part sticking out fell down and it just soaked the wood. Guess one hole wasnt good enough so he made three....

In short is there anyone on here that can get me the drip pan? These ac parts are such a rip off.....Ive seen them for $350.....for a plastic pan??? wth!

post-1771-0-32935100-1344890886_thumb.jp

Take a look at your lease document, is it a standard TAA lease (Texas Apartment Association)? If so you can contact the TAA with your complaint. If not, your lease should have a specific area detailing how residents may handle necessary repairs that the owner/manager refuses to deal with.

Well its not that they are refusing to do it, they are just jackin around about it. The guy that comes out is a blooming idiot. The original problem was a stopped up drain on the ac unit itself("P" trap). He turned it into a cracked drip pan, a shoddy drain line on the emergency pan, and then only put about 1/3 of the recommended amount of freeon in it when he pulled the coils out(was nothing wrong with them in the first place!)

Im just fed up with these idiots.

Im with Mike, 1st check your lease. Probably not on you for a full repair, but document everything!

Send your property owner a photo(s) and explain of potential damage that they may have to incur costs for if they dont take care of it properly. Nothing gets to a person faster than their wallet. Most AC units are covered by the home owner and have to be repaired in a "timely" manner so as not to cause to much of an upset to day-to-day life. We have had this happen many times, once without ac for 2 weeks. Lets just say after I was done speaking my mind and going back over my lease, we didnt pay rent that month. (Wife and kids[1.5yr old and 4yr old] were without anything for 3 days in 105* summer)

Honestly, not caring about this kind of stuff is exactly why I preferred renting.

1. You called and notified them of the original issue.

2. The company they sent out broke some bits.

3. They came back and made some shoddy repairs.

4. Now send the rental company copies of your pictures and a small letter saying you think the repairs were inadequate and that you won't be held responsible for any further damages. Have the originals and the copies notarized and send the mail "registered with sign at delivery and return receipt". Yeah it's about $20 to do so but it covers your butt.

5. Kick back and continue to not care.

That's the benefit to renting. Now that I own my house I swear every week it's something new. I rented for 17 years and never had more than a refrigerator give me issues. Heck they even mowed the grass for me. Now every week or so an AC motor goes out, the grass needs to be mowed, entire trees fall over, drains break or have roots growing in them, the foundation cracks and sinks to the tune of $15,000 and I have to get rid of my 400g tnak. Yeah I'm bitter about buying. It was one of the worst decisions I ever made.

So yeah, send em pics and kick back and enjoy living the life of Riley.