"Talk About Good"

subsea

Shrimp & Corn Machoux to die for. It started out as a shrimp etouffe. When I did not have ingrediants for etouffe, I punted with a homerun.

Sauted onions and peppers, then add cream of mushroom and cream of celery soup. Add Tony Chacherie and Louisiana hot sauce to taste. After everything is blended well and sauce is bubbling, add 1 lb of shrimp (prefer marinaded) and 15 oz can of whole kernnel corn, turn burners off and cover to allow shrimp to slightly cook. The rice is cooking now but I already eat two cups. Talk about good.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

Your post made me hungry, I dug into the chest freezer and pulled out a game hen. Soaked in marinade and tossed into the oven. I bulb of garlic sliced in half and drizzled with oil sits next to the hen in the oven :)

After the potatoes now, love to smash them!

I finally cooked some rice.

Jaggedfire came over and we visited while he "fished out" snails and hermits from my 29" deep tank. He eat some and enjoyed. I sent some home to his significiant partner. I hope she enjoys.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Would that be good with chicken and sausage instead? I don't care for shrimp.

When onions, peppers and celery combine, it is "The Trinity". Whatever you add after that, it will be good.

Patrick

Your post made me hungry, I dug into the chest freezer and pulled out a game hen. Soaked in marinade and tossed into the oven. I bulb of garlic sliced in half and drizzled with oil sits next to the hen in the oven :)

I like the way you cook. If we go to the coast together, I want to cook a Court Bouillion with a redfish, drum or sheepshead.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

Your post made me hungry, I dug into the chest freezer and pulled out a game hen. Soaked in marinade and tossed into the oven. I bulb of garlic sliced in half and drizzled with oil sits next to the hen in the oven smile.png

I like the way you cook. If we go to the coast together, I want to cook a Court Bouillion with a redfish, drum or sheepshead.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

This sounds like a deal, I'm getting everything squared away and plan to make a trip with you.

I do however love french cooking, the trinity is almost always involved when I grab a skillet. We MUST make a meuniere.

Julia childs made a great sole version but I'm not fond of that fish and would prefer to just catch something fresh. A meuniere with buttered rice, something fresh and green and perhaps a tuft of baquette to soak up the goods at the end! I know the house down there has several 6 packs of real ale and micro brews....

**** it patrick, we must make this trip!!

Your post made me hungry, I dug into the chest freezer and pulled out a game hen. Soaked in marinade and tossed into the oven. I bulb of garlic sliced in half and drizzled with oil sits next to the hen in the oven smile.png

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

This sounds like a deal, I'm getting everything squared away and plan to make a trip with you.

I do however love french cooking, the trinity is almost always involved when I grab a skillet. We MUST make a meuniere.

Julia childs made a great sole version but I'm not fond of that fish and would prefer to just catch something fresh. A meuniere with buttered rice, something fresh and green and perhaps a tuft of baquette to soak up the goods at the end! I know the house down there has several 6 packs of real ale and micro brews....

**** it patrick, we must make this trip!!

All I can say is "La bonne temps roulee".

Patrick

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Would that be good with chicken and sausage instead? I don't care for shrimp.

When onions, peppers and celery combine, it is "The Trinity". Whatever you add after that, it will be good.

Patrick

With respect to Cajun Quisine, I would have added some rue to the sauce and with more water added, called it chicken sausage gumbo. My personnel favorite is Chicken Fricasse. Brown the chicken in a pot and remove it from the pan. With the bottom of pot covered with gratain from chicken cookings, add "The Trinity" and allow high heat to carmalize the onions. This process converts sugars into the mix. Different temperatures with different sugars. After the trinity is cooked, add water and add chicken back to the pot. Water should cover chicken parts to allow this stew to blend. Season to taste and simmer for one hour or until chicken is tender. In Cajun folklore, we would say "break the fry" or fricasse. Now you know the rest of the story.

Patrick

Archived