I really like this fish

Bannerfish

Picked up this guy from phamily a while back, i think hes becoming a fave of mine. besides having some really pretty colors, he lets me take alot of cute photos of him, hes not shy at all. will come up to the turkey baster to grab food, and sifts sand around his little cave without dumping it on corals. great fish!

The suspense is killing me!!! Lol

Is there a pic on here of the fish? If so i cant see it.. could be that im on the computer at work.... they block stuff sometimes..

HAHA I was thinking the same thing! have to see a pic wave.gif

hmmm, i thought i attatched a pic?? i guess it didnt work! still cant get on the forum regularly, im using a proxy right now :( lets see if this one works:

DSC08169.JPG

heres one of his mounds, all that substrate hes sitting on is the sand he has sifted. he turns them into tidy little mounds near his cave entrance. (he also came up to the glass cause he thinks hes getting fed lol)

DSC08183.JPG

these are 2 new additions to the tank, my first squamosa and my first ever acans. i was told they were rainbow ultras?

DSC08184.JPG

DSC08186.JPG

thanks :-) i haven't really seen too many of these in people's tanks and i always wonder why. they are pretty cheap, don't pester other fish, don't get picked on, don't bother anything else and they're entertaining. this one backs up into his cave like you would back your car up into the parking spot lol.

i have another goby t looks just like this one only with different colors, was sold as a black fin shrimp goby, also a beautiful hardy fish, but he's not as outgoing as this one. i often see my fire shrimp hanging out with that goby instead of in his own cave.

thanks :-) i haven't really seen too many of these in people's tanks and i always wonder why. they are pretty cheap, don't pester other fish, don't get picked on, don't bother anything else and they're entertaining. this one backs up into his cave like you would back your car up into the parking spot lol.

i have another goby t looks just like this one only with different colors, was sold as a black fin shrimp goby, also a beautiful hardy fish, but he's not as outgoing as this one. i often see my fire shrimp hanging out with that goby instead of in his own cave.

They're great fish, but the fact that they dig in the sand bothers a lot of people who keep coral on the bottom of the tank. I have a watchman in my Solana who lives with a pistol shrimp. The two of them keep conspiring to cover (kill) any coral I leave on the sand.

As with all fish, we speak in generalities of behavior, individuals of a species can differ. This is the reason a lot of fish are marked, "Reef Safe - with caution". Just keep an eye out for bad behavior and be ready to react if it happens, until then enjoy your fish and clams!

I've been debating between the pink spot and yellow watchman - anyone notice any significant differences in the behavior of the two? I want a fish with a large personality, but I was also thinking of adding the splash of yellow color to the tank. Thoughts?

I've been debating between the pink spot and yellow watchman - anyone notice any significant differences in the behavior of the two? I want a fish with a large personality, but I was also thinking of adding the splash of yellow color to the tank. Thoughts?

The yellows stay smaller and in my opinion are a lot less disruptive to the sand bed. In any case I wouldn't put a pistol shrimp in with a decorative shrimp (sexy, anemone, or harlequin shrimp). Cleaner shrimp, fire shrimp, and coral banded shrimp are a bit tougher and can usually hold their own.

how do you think a yellow get along with this pink goby i have and the black fin shrimp goby? i would love to have a yellow fish in there. i love the little clown gobies too,but they seem so tiny.

Might work but it depends on how big a tank you have and the temperment of your pink gobie and your black fin shrimp gobie. Even if you have a couple hundred gallon tank if either one or both don't want to share thier territory the tank won't be big enough to add a third conspecific. You're the judge but I'm inclined to think you're probably better off not trying it.

aqua dome, don't think that will happen, they're both about the same size, shouldn't get much bigger.

timfish, just am idea i had rolling around in my head. might just put a yellow one in one of the other tanks if i can find a nice enough one that's not super tiny.

teresa,is that a good thing, my post making you spend some money? lol!

how do you think a yellow get along with this pink goby i have and the black fin shrimp goby? i would love to have a yellow fish in there. i love the little clown gobies too,but they seem so tiny.

im not sure what the black fin shrimp goby is but if its anything like my Randall goby i wouldn't recommend it. my Randall goby and pistol shrimp tag team anything that hits the sand bed or stays near the bottom of the rock work