20 - 40 gallon

crendon2003

Looking for a 20 - 40 gallon tank. ( red sea max or similar setup ) Going to be having a baby soon and this will be getting set up in the baby room. Want to get started now so it will be up and running later. Pm me if u have something u wanting to get rid of.

Gotta say brother, I'm not sure this is a great idea. Tanks are generally noisy and bright, which may be nice sometimes (ie playtime) but terrible other times (ie naptime, bedtime, time you will cherish as a new parent). Take it from someone with a 2-year old now, I think this might not turn out well. :/ Don't mean to be an internet-parent, just trying to help guide you through the minefield of parenting from a fellow aquarist perspective. Good luck!

• Like 1

Interesting cause I don't have a noisy tank and all my nieces and nephews really love it and can't stop staring and pointing. And that was kinda the point to have it as a night light which is why I didn't want anything bigger than 40 gallons. But thanks for ur input

I have our 34g Solana in our bedroom. My wife loves the fish, but hates the lights, skimmer, and fan coming on automatically on the weekend when she's trying to sleep in. Of course that can all be handled....

Mark did a video on the benefits of a tank with a baby:

Interesting cause I don't have a noisy tank and all my nieces and nephews really love it and can't stop staring and pointing. And that was kinda the point to have it as a night light which is why I didn't want anything bigger than 40 gallons. But thanks for ur input

I think the "white noise" the tank creates would lull the baby to sleep, at least that's the effect/affect it has on me. :)

I think it is a great idea. I had a biocube at one time and it was very quiet. The sound of water trickling is actually quite relaxing. You only need lights 8 hours a day so 11-7 is plenty of light when it would be bright outside anyway. The tank would be quieter than a stupid mobile or swing anyway. If it were in the room from the beginning the baby would be used to it and I don't think it would be any kind of problem. I have 2 kids and one on the way, due in November. We plan on using our big tank instead of a mobile for naps during the day but a tank in the room would even be better. I say go for it and congrats on the future little one!!!