The Nature Conservancy - Adopt a Coral Reef

Adopt a Coral Reef Choices  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In 2010 ARC ran a donation drive for "Rescue the Reef" which was successful in reaching its goal of $500. You may have seen the following banner image in some users' signatures.
post-884-0-36241400-1336958807.png

Based upon our previous success, for the remainder of 2012 we will collect donations for the Nature Conservancy's "

http://adopt.nature.org/coralreef/'>Adopt a Coral Reef Program", with a goal amount of $1000. ARC will donate the TOTAL amount raised by you in addition to our own contribution. The more that club members contribute, the higher the portion that ARC will match. The drive will run through December 15th, 2012 (to give us time to get the payment in to them by end of year 2012).

So, what you do as a member get for donating (besides knowing that you're helping protect an environment of all the marine critters you love)? Glad you asked! Those who donate will receive:

• the ability to display the "Adopt a Reef" image in their signature (by donating at least $10)
  • an ARC car decal (by donating $15 or more)
  • $5 off a Premium Membership OR get a free cotton ARC t-shirt (by donating $25 or more)
  • an ARC coffee mug (by donating $50 or more)

http://www.austinreefclub.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients&section=donations'>referral-0122882001337010745.jpg

post-884-0-53651700-1336958700_thumb.png

So place a vote for which reef you would like the club to contribute to, and while you're at it why not make a donation?

How to Donate
You can donate via the http://www.austinreefclub.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=clients&section=donations'>Donation section in the client area.

If anyone wishes to donate directly to the Nature Conservancy without going through our donation system, please do so. If you choose that route and want to be counted in the total ARC donation amount, please contact http://www.austinreefclub.com/user/884-mframe/'>me here with your donation receipt from the Nature Conservancy.

Thank you for your generosity and support, we should have no problem meeting this goal!

Thanks to our 2012 Contributors!
o0zarkawater
dapettit
Kevin.B
KimP
Funkness
Timfish

Capt. Obvious

I was just looking at this earlier this week, when I noticed I still had the previous banner in my sig.

I'm in for $25 and vote for Palau!

I will also nominate myself to let ARC send me there to present the giant donation check in person!

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your participation so far, we've now hit the 25% mark of our goal. Remember that you can donate here or directly at their site (if you want a receipt for tax purposes). If you choose that route and want to be counted in the total ARC donation amount, please contact me here with your donation receipt from the Nature Conservancy.

Don't forget that donations entitle you to additional benefits:

• the ability to display the "Adopt a Reef" image in your signature (by donating at least $10)
  • $5 off a Premium Membership OR get a free ARC cotton t-shirt (by donating $25 or more)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a reminder that there's just two weeks left to contribute to the Adopt-A-Reef fund raiser. We're at 25% of our goal and we'd really like to send more, so if you can afford it please take a moment and donate. Just a reminder that you don't have to donate through ARC, you can donate on your own and send me a copy of your receipt (so that you get the tax write-off).

Those who donate will receive:

• the ability to display the "Adopt a Reef" image in their signature (by donating at least $10)
  • $5 off a Premium Membership OR get a free cotton ARC t-shirt (by donating $25 or more)

Hope my donation makes it. My sister and her husband no longer do gifts for Xmas since we are fortunate. We instead donate to charities in each others names. I've given her this agency to donate to in my name.

That's a great idea, Chris, hope it makes it as well!

• 2 weeks later...

I know a donation on my behalf has been made by my sister. Don't know how much but it should be in! Some organizations send out acknowledgement letters or emails, I don't know if they do this or not.

Hope to see the reef in person one day!

• 3 weeks later...

And the winner, with 6 votes, is Palau. Though short of our goal, I'm proud to make a donation today to the Nature Conservancy's Adopt-A-Reef program in the name of the Austin Reef Club members. Economically it's been a tough year for most, so I want to thank those of you who were able to contribute to the effort.

Thanks everyone!

• 3 weeks later...

As you may know we chose The Nature Conservancy's Adopt-A-Reef as a charity last year. We sent over $300 to them (which was awesome!), but we'd like to continue to add to that. At each meeting this year we'll have coral frag bags for interested members. The frags are free, but we ask that you make a $5 or more donation to the Adopt-A-Reef charity. We'll have a collection jar at each meeting for donations. So feel free to take frags (limit 1 frag bag per family) and donate if you can. If you have success with the frags then pay-it-forward at some point in the future by donating frags back to the club to perpetuate the program.

Archived