Fish Idea

migs

That is the problem with my tank... I got the clam bug so have 4 small ones and of course shrimp with lps and sps... i fear it will be a buffet for these guys... hmmm... an eel might be an option... that is what i was look for - a conversation piece... my have to start researching them.

Well if you have clams then most angels will probably be out of the question, and if you like your shrimp you may not want an eel because they'll make an expensive meal for it. What about a tang? There are lots of different kinds of tangs and my friends always thought my tangs had the most interesting personalities. A chevron tang would be an interesting and unique addition.

Well if you have clams then most angels will probably be out of the question, and if you like your shrimp you may not want an eel because they'll make an expensive meal for it. What about a tang? There are lots of different kinds of tangs and my friends always thought my tangs had the most interesting personalities. A chevron tang would be an interesting and unique addition.

With tangs, they like lots of swimming room. Maybe some of the smaller types like bristletooth or scopas might work, but still might be pushing it in a 57g.

That is the problem with my tank... I got the clam bug so have 4 small ones and of course shrimp with lps and sps... i fear it will be a buffet for these guys... hmmm... an eel might be an option... that is what i was look for - a conversation piece... my have to start researching them.

Yes you do need to cover you tank or they can escape. I don't think that its something they constantly try to do but in case it gets curious. I have a small zebra eel too, only about 12" long and an inch in diameter that might be perfect for you. I'll send you a pm