What would you do with all this fiber optic lighting?

KevinB

I snagged all of these fiber strands from work years ago. They are in bunches of various lengths from 2' to 4'.

Any ideas in how this stuff could effectively be used for lighting in a tank? If you want a bundle hit me up and maybe we could trade for a frag.

That's a pretty decent use, Tim. It would be fairly easy to use about 20 fibers from a strand, heat shrink tubing to hold them together, and figure out a way to attach it through the wall of a project box that has a battery powered led inside.

I was thinking it might be interesting to use for lighting chaeto. Push the strands into the ball of macro? I dunno...I've never decided what I want to use this stuff for!

Tim I'm available all week at me house after 6:00. Or I work on the NW side and can meet you at 5:15 any day of the week if that's better for you. Send me a PM if you want to meet up

• 3 weeks later...

Patrick you would need to collomate the sunlight somehow, it would work a little, but not much

Bamf, I don't know the technical specs on it, but a flashlight held up to the bundled end comes through pretty well