Brown/Rust spots on Palys

Michae52

Could be a change in the color of the paly's in response to light but could also be flatworms. If they are flatworms you'll see them slowly move around. Also, while they may only be feeding off the mucus and stuff that gets stuck in it and not actually feeding on the paly like acropora eating flatworms they probably are still an irritant to the paly's.

Flatworms.

I had those in my 10gal for years. They lived only on my palys and hairy mushrooms. Never killed anything, or really seem to irritate the corals that much.

I would occasionally siphon them off, but you only have one shot per head to get the worm off before the paly closes.

Before I moved everything over to my 29gallon I dipped the pieces in flatworm exit a couple days in a row. I haven't seen a single FW in my 29.

Thank you for the reply. I think tomorrow I will try a freshwater bath. I also will turn on the skimmer in case any toxions are released. This rock with the polyps are the only thing that I see them on. Actually, I have read in a couple of places that 6-line wrasses are suppose to eat them, maybe I will get one in case some worms go undetected.

I get all my water from RCA. Both ro and saltwater mixed. I figured since both come from the same place the ph is probably close. The rock only cost me $10.00 so I wasn't really worried about it. I gave the rock a 1 min dip in the freshwater, gave it a good shake, and back in the tank. I used a syrofoam contain to do the dip so that I could see the worms just fall of the rock. So with the money I saved by doing it this way rather than using that worm exit or whatever it's called I think I will get a couple more firefish for the lagoon.