Wizardx322's 190 build

wizardx322

Looks SO amazing in person! Thanks for showing it off!

thanks anytime

WoW Tim! looks amazing. I cant wait to see it in person. let me know when you start fraging!

punk.gif

haha thanks i usualy have frags depending on what you want

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

June update:

i lost about 6+ (clowns, mydas blenny, fat head anthias, and powder brown, some chromis and some more) of my fish about a month or so ago

went 2 weeks without adding and ran a UV sterilizer

i have since added

mimic tang

powder blue tang

and 2 green mandarins

removed my yellow tang and traded for a smaller purple tang.

I decided i wanted alot of clowns in my tank

so had jake order me 16 true perculas

I got them in today and to my surprise i had gotten a couple of picasso's in the deal and they sent 17 of them so i got

1 black ocellaris and pulled one the picasso's and put them in my 40 gal AIO tank. and the other 16 went into my 190gal.

i took videos and will try to get them up when i can

in the mean time here are some pics sorry about bad pics the full tank shot was taken before i decided to put the clowns in the tank today

post-1543-0-81920600-1341020626_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-31787400-1341020706_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-28538000-1341020752_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-32788800-1341020787_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-41608900-1341020831_thumb.jp

Nice addition Tim. I lost a couple of anthias as well lately. I think running a UV is a smart idea. I might need to add one when I move over everything to my closet. What size are you using? Brand?

That's a cool school of clowns. Keep us updated on how they do.

Nice addition Tim. I lost a couple of anthias as well lately. I think running a UV is a smart idea. I might need to add one when I move over everything to my closet. What size are you using? Brand?

That's a cool school of clowns. Keep us updated on how they do.

I got a used aquamedic helix 36 w uv and bought a new bulb. I decided on clowns as I wanted a lot of fish but couldn't add another tang or wrasse, I want anthias but they are finicky and didn't want damsels/ chromis so I went with a large school of true perculas to fill in the tank I think I am set on fish right now only wanting 2 other but I can wait

• 4 weeks later...

time for my monthly update

i feel like i frag alot more then i should since my tank looks the same each month it seems like lol

added

chevron tang

all the clowns are doing well and are hosting my rbta i think i may have lost one but its so hard to count them.

here are some pics

post-1543-0-44025300-1343675285_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-42517000-1343675343_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-66318500-1343675401_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-75613900-1343675450_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-65440900-1343675497_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-90914300-1343675546_thumb.jp

post-1543-0-10261800-1343675611_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

aug update

my fish are doing great and i still have all 16 clowns. lost my mallenarous wrasse when i got back from cancun.

but over the past week or so i been losing some sps.

dont know why did a 50 gal water change

i have better polyp extension but some are still receding.

cant figure it out

aug update

my fish are doing great and i still have all 16 clowns. lost my mallenarous wrasse when i got back from cancun.

cant figure it out

it's been a pretty crazy hot week. how are the temps looking in the tank?

aug update

cant figure it out

it's been a pretty crazy hot week. how are the temps looking in the tank?

temp is fine i got a 1/2 hp chiller lol my tank doesnt travel beyond 79

I can't remember whether you have an apex or not, but if you have temp logs it would be a factor that you could quickly eliminate (maybe a temporary power outage that fixed itself when you returned home?). Otherwise, I'm trying to think of the parameters that would cause losses in such a short time period...Alk/Ca/Mg wouldn't cause receding, just lack of flourishing. So you're left with contaminants (painting, cleaning chemicals), pH issues, NH3, NO4, NO3, or something else?

Hi,

I would check Alk level's, my old tank would drop 2.5dHH a day if I turned off my CaRx. Low alk will cause recession in sps if low, you make want to triple check salinity also in case something happened with your top-off method(i.e. somehow topping off with saltwater while away etc.)

Cheers,

I can't remember whether you have an apex or not, but if you have temp logs it would be a factor that you could quickly eliminate (maybe a temporary power outage that fixed itself when you returned home?). Otherwise, I'm trying to think of the parameters that would cause losses in such a short time period...Alk/Ca/Mg wouldn't cause receding, just lack of flourishing. So you're left with contaminants (painting, cleaning chemicals), pH issues, NH3, NO4, NO3, or something else?

i've tested everything and yes i have a apex.

Hi,

I would check Alk level's, my old tank would drop 2.5dHH a day if I turned off my CaRx. Low alk will cause recession in sps if low, you make want to triple check salinity also in case something happened with your top-off method(i.e. somehow topping off with saltwater while away etc.)

Cheers,

alk is 8.6 and sal is at .25 as always all equipment is working fine

• 1 year later...