Reef pics using Lytro camera

Mitch

Sweet pics Mitch! I stopped by the booth today to check out the cameras, pretty sweet was almost tempted to pick one up. I think I'll give it +1year to see what they can do with the resolution but overall pretty sweet technology, I was really surprised to see how small the camera was, not sure what I was expecting but it was nice to see. Thanks for posting your photos!

The new maker bots looked really neat too, did you see Bree Pettis' panel? I can't wait until the prices come down on the 3d printers/digiters...

-brett

Thx Brett grin.png

Did you get to see the pics that you took on the computer? The display on the camera itself is definitely lacking as I had questioned the quality of the pics I took, but what a difference once I uploaded them!

When they came to SXSW last year, I also had the chance to play with it, but only for an hour. Besides not having support for Windows, I wasn't convinced. Having it in my hands for 24hrs this time around and really getting a chance to try a variety of shots and play with their software really convinced me this time.

Besides having bought one for myself after having to return it, I ended winning another today hyper.gif If you or anyone else is interested in buying it from, lmk.

Oh, here's a testimonial from Trey Ratcliff who happened to be leading the Google+ Photowalk @ SXSW today:

The interviewer is Eric Cheng, Lytro's Director of Photography and a very well respected underwater photographer as well as running Wetpixel.com. His talk today included some AMAZING pictures he has taken (not with the Lytro though).

The new maker bots looked really neat too, did you see Bree Pettis' panel? I can't wait until the prices come down on the 3d printers/digiters...

No, I did not.

Btw if you are interested in playing with a Makerbot, there's 2 outfits that have them for use... TechShop.com and ATXHackerspace.org, the latter being a much cheaper option...

• 3 months later...

Archived