PlusRite bulb questions

troypt

I ordered some from trust_deals on eBay, but got a different brand instead "Power Aquarium". I wanted to test both 14k and 20k, and was more impressed with the PA 20k over their 14k. As far as I know they never specifically listed the brand in their auctions, but now they have a different brand available. They do however still carry the plusrite and will ship them if you mention it. I'm not unhappy with the bulbs I was sent, they look good for 18$ bulbs (150W DE), and they even sent me a free bulb.

Using the 14k with a lot of actinic supplementation. Looks about perfect for me. The 14k's were brighter and I liked that as the 20k's seemed a lot dimmer to me. If I didn't have a lot of actinic supplementation, I'd go 20k all the way though.

Don

That would be great. I think I will wait for a few weeks until I get my PAR meter and then I can compare the bulbs. I will contact you again if a few weeks.

My current bulbs are about 8 months old, so I am not in a big hurry, just been thinking about light.

I used them for a few months, the colors shift quickly and I started having sps problems. Since I have 5 in a row it was easy to see when some of the bulbs started to shift, they started to get a softer purple color. I would never use again or recommend b/c of my experience. I swtiched back to reeflux and the problems with the sps stopped.