Juiceman

Well after further inspection of the old impeller, I figured out that the actual shaft shifted and cracked. That's why it looks different. The skimmer ran through the night and got quieter as it went. Gonna have to tune it for a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you just steal the shaft from the new impeller? That way the bushings are more like stock than the newer impeller?

Well after further inspection of the old impeller, I figured out that the actual shaft shifted and cracked. That's why it looks different. The skimmer ran through the night and got quieter as it went. Gonna have to tune it for a few days

Can you just steal the shaft from the new impeller? That way the bushings are more like stock than the newer impeller?

I'll take a picture and post it later, they're the same. Just appeared different because of the old one shifting and cracking.

I had to transfer a ceramic ring from the old to the new but that was all.

• 3 weeks later...

Well.....

I'm giving serious thought to throwing away all my rock and starting over fresh..

I'm pricing out dry vs live

And the pros and cons of acid washing/bleaching my current rock and reusing it vs doing the same with dry rock....

Idk what to do

Palys, Aiptasia, and gsp have ruined my current substrate and rock. It's going to only get worse at this point

When I said I'm pulling all my fish to have an ich free tank, you told me I was crazy. I'll return you the favor... You're nuts!

[emoji12]

And your coral aren't being stung or choked out by trash palys and gsp either....

Having parasites constantly embedded into your skin is probably no picnic in the park for the fish either!

If you are going to do it, I'd buy new rock, seed it, then slowly swap out rocks until all the old rock is gone. Obviously don't let any old rock touch the new rock. Are you going to leave your crushed coral substrate as well? Have any aiptasia grown on that?

Having parasites constantly embedded into your skin is probably no picnic in the park for the fish either!

If you are going to do it, I'd buy new rock, seed it, then slowly swap out rocks until all the old rock is gone. Obviously don't let any old rock touch the new rock. Are you going to leave your crushed coral substrate as well? Have any aiptasia grown on that?

I'm probably going to have to pull majority of if out. Yes. There's Aptasia and Palys on it

Got an idea for you, get a new tank, the tank that you've been wanting, with useable stand that you can actually fit stuff under... then start the tank with new sand and new rock, and when it's stable, catch all the fish out and run them through TTM for 12 days, then put them in the new tank.

Run a QT for all your corals (only transfer coral flesh, no rock) and clean-up crew and 77 days later, put them into the new tank.

Viola, problem solved. Tank you've always wanted, stand you've been needing, no aiptasia, no trash palys, no GSP, no ich... fresh start. [emoji4]

• Like 1

Got an idea for you, get a new tank, the tank that you've been wanting, with useable stand that you can actually fit stuff under... then start the tank with new sand and new rock, and when it's stable, catch all the fish out and run them through TTM for 12 days, then put them in the new tank.

Run a QT for all your corals (only transfer coral flesh, no rock) and clean-up crew and 77 days later, put them into the new tank.

Viola, problem solved. Tank you've always wanted, stand you've been needing, no aiptasia, no trash palys, no GSP, no ich... fresh start. [emoji4]

I can spend 500$ on new rock.... $3000 + for a new tank, not so much

New idea, sell all your acros and fund your new tank. Then buy back a frag from all your colonies and start the fun all over again.

Sasha's suggestion was, keep a frag everything I want to keep, sell off the colonies, thus funding the new rock and aquascape supplies.

And makes it easier to house the coral until it's re setup

I'm a big fan of the BRS Reef Saver Dry rock. Least expensive and it's easy to stack / lock in place. If you're doing new sand look at special grade. I always rinse really well with tap water then give it one last rinse in RO. You don't get anywhere near the sand storms you do with regular sand...if you have any burrowers or sand sifters.

• Like 1

The dry rock is more rock. The live rock you get to pay for water weight too. I have done both and the dry is 50% more rock.

For sure...

The Pukani will be literally 150 lbs of rock.

The Tukani will have water weight and be less volume. I didn't have a good dry rock experience, but i used Marco Rock, anyone in town have an established tank using pukani?