Juiceman

Have you figured out how you are going to remove the glass brace?

Razor, putty tool.... And elbow grease..... Smh

Be prepared for a fight Juiceman. It may be as easy as just cutting the silicone but some braces have a additional reinforcement to help hold that brace in place. Good luck sir!

It's gonna be a pain for sure. The plan is:

1.) Pray

2.) install temp braces.

3.) Pray again

4.) lower the water level to less than half

5.) Remove the current brace.

6.) install new brace...

7.) put water back in....

8.) Pray again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

WXM module is here, MP40's will be here tomorrow, I'll have my LED's this weekend or Monday!

I lost my Blue mille that i've had for about 2 months and all the frags I cut of it. sad.png RTN

I also lost a Yellow Fuzzy Acro to RTN that i've had for almost 10 months! I can't see why he got upset.

As far as I can tell, the biggest difference in the 200 vs the 90 is the temperature. The 90 used to always run hot at about 77-80 degrees. Since the switch, the 200 has been right between 75.5-77.5. Theres not as much flow in the 200 either compared to the 90, but the mp40's will help with that problem. Hopefull I won't lose anything else.

what's RTN?

WXM module is here, MP40's will be here tomorrow, I'll have my LED's this weekend or Monday!

I lost my Blue mille that i've had for about 2 months and all the frags I cut of it. sad.png RTN

I also lost a Yellow Fuzzy Acro to RTN that i've had for almost 10 months! I can't see why he got upset.

As far as I can tell, the biggest difference in the 200 vs the 90 is the temperature. The 90 used to always run hot at about 77-80 degrees. Since the switch, the 200 has been right between 75.5-77.5. Theres not as much flow in the 200 either compared to the 90, but the mp40's will help with that problem. Hopefull I won't lose anything else.

what's RTN?

Rapid tissue necrosis. Basically the flesh peels off in like a day or two.

Well my EVO's are finally here!

attachicon.gifLED Unbox.jpg

The first thing I wanted to do was to get a comparison of what they looked like compare to the halide and VHO combo.

I mounted one EVO150 in the center of the tank and turned up both the Whites and Blues to 100%

heres the full tank with the 14K Plusrite 250W halides on the Left and Right of it.

attachicon.gifCompare Full.jpg

The brightness is very close, but the LED is noticably more blue, but I expected that since they're supposed to show a 20K spectrum.

Here's the right side of the tank comparing the LED and Halide

attachicon.gifCompare Right.jpg

Here's the left side comparing the LED and Halide

attachicon.gifLED Compare Left.jpg

Next step, Install all 3 fixtures!

Here's all three on the tank comparing only Blues on the Left, both 100% in the center, and only Whites on the Right:

attachicon.gifCompare Types.jpg

attachicon.gifLED Inside.jpg

My green umbrella hasn't extended it's polyps since I've set up this tank, until it got under these LED's! I've got them dimmed down for a while so as to make sure not to shock things too much.

I finally got a few other things done. I realized a little late that I didn't put any type of tank to hold my RODI top off water, OOPS! I had to either make something or have something made that would fit through the door under the front of the stand. I got referred to PROF (Dave) and he quoted me a great price on a custom Acrylic resevoir. Once filled up, It holds about 15-18 gallons of water which is great! I won't have to fill it very often.

attachicon.gifSump Left.jpg

I also finally organized (to an extent) my power strip. I got the American DJ station power strip with individual switches for each plug. Its pretty cool being able to turn off my pumps for a water change with a flip of a switch instead of trying to unplug stuff hoping its the right thing. Got it from BestBuy.com but they have it on alot of electronic store websites.

attachicon.gifSump Right.jpg

Still a few small things to finish, and I'll watch the corals closely to see how they adjust to the LEDS, will update once acclimation goes for a while!

why do u turn off ur pumps for a water change?

Well my EVO's are finally here!

attachicon.gifLED Unbox.jpg

The first thing I wanted to do was to get a comparison of what they looked like compare to the halide and VHO combo.

I mounted one EVO150 in the center of the tank and turned up both the Whites and Blues to 100%

heres the full tank with the 14K Plusrite 250W halides on the Left and Right of it.

attachicon.gifCompare Full.jpg

The brightness is very close, but the LED is noticably more blue, but I expected that since they're supposed to show a 20K spectrum.

Here's the right side of the tank comparing the LED and Halide

attachicon.gifCompare Right.jpg

Here's the left side comparing the LED and Halide

attachicon.gifLED Compare Left.jpg

Next step, Install all 3 fixtures!

Here's all three on the tank comparing only Blues on the Left, both 100% in the center, and only Whites on the Right:

attachicon.gifCompare Types.jpg

attachicon.gifLED Inside.jpg

My green umbrella hasn't extended it's polyps since I've set up this tank, until it got under these LED's! I've got them dimmed down for a while so as to make sure not to shock things too much.

I finally got a few other things done. I realized a little late that I didn't put any type of tank to hold my RODI top off water, OOPS! I had to either make something or have something made that would fit through the door under the front of the stand. I got referred to PROF (Dave) and he quoted me a great price on a custom Acrylic resevoir. Once filled up, It holds about 15-18 gallons of water which is great! I won't have to fill it very often.

attachicon.gifSump Left.jpg

I also finally organized (to an extent) my power strip. I got the American DJ station power strip with individual switches for each plug. Its pretty cool being able to turn off my pumps for a water change with a flip of a switch instead of trying to unplug stuff hoping its the right thing. Got it from BestBuy.com but they have it on alot of electronic store websites.

attachicon.gifSump Right.jpg

Still a few small things to finish, and I'll watch the corals closely to see how they adjust to the LEDS, will update once acclimation goes for a while!

why do u turn off ur pumps for a water change?

To make sure the water level in the sump doesn't get too low to expose the pumps to air while running.

How are the new corals doing?

Have they colored up at all?!

Increased polyp extension. I wouldn't say a change in color just jet. I had to snip up one of them because it didn't like being that close to an mp40 and started losing flesh. The rest of it still looks good though

Increased polyp extension. I wouldn't say a change in color just jet. I had to snip up one of them because it didn't like being that close to an mp40 and started losing flesh. The rest of it still looks good though

I'm in the same boat. No color yet but PE is good. Although they've been super pissed without light for a few days.

I'm in the same boat. No color yet but PE is good. Although they've been super pissed without light for a few days.

I have a 30" 14K BML you could borrow for a bit if needed...

I have a 30" 14K BML you could borrow for a bit if needed...

You're so awesome. Thanks for the offer. I ghetto-rigged mine today. I put dowels across the the tank and set the fixture on it. Sufficient enough for the next day or two until I can get this thing hung!

After watching the BRS episode on CaRX it makes me wonder if I can route the line of my excess co2 back into the water intake similar to how they did it.

a98f58100205afd761d71fbf33889748.jpg

I have to shut the outtake off and open that top co2 excess valve about once a week to get the air to be pushed out an properly fill the Canister. Could I add a T to the water intake and get the air to empty itself back into the reactor?

After watching the BRS episode on CaRX it makes me wonder if I can route the line of my excess co2 back into the water intake similar to how they did it.

a98f58100205afd761d71fbf33889748.jpg

I have to shut the outtake off and open that top co2 excess valve about once a week to get the air to be pushed out an properly fill the Canister. Could I add a T to the water intake and get the air to empty itself back into the reactor?

I would not reroute it to feed the CO2 back into the system. It would be inconsistent and unpredictable in my opinion. Plus, CO2 is super cheap, why go through all that trouble.

The most efficient setup for the Korallin reactor is to have your regular effluent coming out of outlet 1 like you have already, but to put a needle valve on outlet 2 and allow it to drip about 1-2 drops per minute as well. This keeps CO2 from accumulating and keeps the reactor bubble free. This method is recommended by Korallin in conjunction with a feed pump to help pressurize the reactor as well.

So all you'd really need to do is extend the line at the top long enough to drip into your sump and you can eliminate the weekly task of emptying out the accumulated CO2 in the system. Just make sure you drip it above the water line and don't submerge it or you'll just dissolve more CO2 into your system and lower your pH unnecessarily.