ADA 90P - 48 Gallon Rimless Build

jestep

• 3 weeks later...

Getting the cyano under control. Think it was just one of those transient algae blooms since the tank is still young. Here's a few updated and unedited phone shots. Just switched out the 20K lighting for 10K lighting. So far all the corals are appreciating it.

This poor candy cane was on the brink. Could barely see any green and he's very slowly starting to come back:

IMAG0396%20(Custom).jpg

GBTA on his second lap around the tank...

IMAG0394%20(Custom).jpg

Duncans:

IMAG0392%20(Custom).jpg

SPS Frags:

IMAG0386%20(Custom).jpg

IMAG0384%20(Custom).jpg

IMAG0383%20(Custom).jpg

One of my Dwarf Morays. Gave up on trying to sell them and got a screen top for now:

IMAG0413%20(Custom).jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just got some new reef brite actinic LED's. Colors are absolutely incredible. Having a bit of a time getting accurate photos, as the image sensor saturates on my camera, but these are pretty close.

P8071089.jpg

P8071095.jpg

P8071098.jpg

P8071099.jpg

P8071107.jpg

P8071109.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

what a great looking tank, you should put a black to blue gradient background on it. That would look killer on this tank.

Thanks. I'm currently in an all out battle with myself trying to leave it be and let everything grow in. It's so hard to be patient sometimes.

I've definitely thought of throwing a background on there. Definitely better than a white wall and a few cords.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm definitely going to keep the chaeto in the sump. Stuff works great, but looks horrible. Have a mangrove with a big root already started. Planning on starting with that and maybe some light rockwork if any. Probably add some red dragon algae or something similar that fits the layout. We'll see how it progresses.

• 3 weeks later...

Have to say if there was a battle of the ada tanks, scaping, corals colors... I lose. Hats off my friend well done.

Amano himself needs to put your tank in his display.

For anyone who is not suscribed and wants to know what true aquascaping is about...

http://www.youtube.com/user/aquadesignamano

Take a look!

-M

Have to say if there was a battle of the ada tanks, scaping, corals colors... I lose. Hats off my friend well done.

Amano himself needs to put your tank in his display.

For anyone who is not suscribed and wants to know what true aquascaping is about...

http://www.youtube.c...aquadesignamano

Take a look!

-M

It's not exactly apples to apples considering I'm using pre-formed ceramic rock, but thanks for the praise. It's still a work in progress. Really need to get it moved to the new stand.

I've been a big follower of Amano for quite a while. Some pretty amazing scapes and definitely inspiring to everyone in the FW aquascaping world. I believe he finally did a reef tank or two as well, but I will need to see if I can find the pictures of them.

Edited by jestep

• 2 weeks later...

fuge-drilled.jpg

Drilled the fuge last night. I think my 3/4 bit is getting old as it seemed to take forever with the 3/4", bit much faster with the 1". My daughter definitely missed out on 30 minutes of sleep with that one...

Ordered a small single piece from cerameco for the fuge. I was going to try and buy a nice single rock from subsea, but I decided to stick with my original plan and not use any real live rock in this system at all.

Hopefully I can get the tank moved over this weekend. I accidentally ordered some white SCH40 plumbing parts so I may need to put it off for another week until I get the SCH80 replacements in. These are just visible enough that I don't want to mix white and grey plastic plumbing parts.

In the meantime, I scored this sweet rainbow / orange hammer from AAF,

orange-hammer-2.JPG

Will update again when I get my fuge ceramic piece in the tank. Still planning on a very calm mud base with a mangrove and some red and green macros. I've toyed with the idea of putting a pair of captive bred bangaii cardinals in the fuge. I'm typically on the fence on whether hobbiests should be breeding fish at all since many times there's no easy method of placing the offspring. I don't think I would have a hard time placing these for a few dollars each if it ever does come to that point.

• 1 month later...

Lost my large birdsnest and a nice digi frag while on vacation. They were growing together, but I wouldn't have expected such a fast and complete reaction. Has anyone had an entire colony RTN when a very small single piece was touching another coral? I've never seen one go this fast. Everything else in the tank is fine including all of the much more delicate coral.

IMAG0670.jpg