Acrylic vs. Glass..

Warlock

They both have their purposes. My biggest complaint with acrylic is that it scratches very easily. It can be repaired in most cases unlike glass, but scratches very easily.

Glass

Cheap

Durable

Heavy

Less clear

Acrylic

Light weight

Very clear

Much more expensive

Scratches easily

More shapes are available

my Fiance said for me not to use my credit cards anymore sad.png

Well thats a good thing since this hobby is a giant hole to throw money into! LOL

There are some scrapers out there that work ok but a CC works just as good. If you get a mag cleaner, be sure to get an acrylic one if you have acrylic tank. Also, acrylic scratches so easy. You can remove the scratches using 1micron sand paper, rubbing compound(fine cut) and some carnuba wax. I had to do my tank and it looked brand new till my 7yr old decided that the coraline growing on the edge of the sand bed needed to be scrubbed off.......

. . . Well thats a good thing since this hobby is a giant hole to throw money into! LOL . . .

As one of those holes money is dumped down I say Thank God otherwise I'd be out a business laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Over the years I've definitely come to prefer glass to acrylic. As tanks age and algae is constantly scrapped off it gets much harder to clean off acrylic than glass and a credit card really does works well). Acrylic does have the advantage of being buffed out and even full of water a series of emory cloth and lapping paper (8 to 10 steps of grits from 800 to 9000) can be used to fix scratches but it's time consuming. If the tank is empty a random orbital auto buffer with Novus 3 then 2 will take out a lot. Even if the tank is full Novus 2 will give the outside a nice gloss occasionally.