Richard's 225 g Build

Richard L

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 8 since we added the starter fish and the nitrifying bacteria. Ammonia barely registered two days ago but it is back at 0. Nitrite and Nitrate have yet to show their ugly heads.

Did you go with Dr. tims nitrifying bacteria?

p.s. looking great so far!

One question about the water station. Why the connection between the mixing pump, SW tank, and RO tank? Or is that last one on the right not connected to anything?

I believe the last one on the right is intended for other uses, such as putting a bucket under it and filling it up with RO or SW

One question about the water station. Why the connection between the mixing pump, SW tank, and RO tank? Or is that last one on the right not connected to anything?

Yeah I think what you are seeing is an optical illusion based on the angle the photo was taken. Caleb is correct the third valve on the right is a "just in case" valve and its currently not connected to anything. I've been using it to fill up 5g buckets to haul up to my freshwater tank in the house. Which is a real drag now that I can top of my saltwater ATO with a simple turn of a valve!

Video update. All my softies and LPS are now in. I'm leaving my anemone, clown and target mandarin in the holding tank a little while longer with my old live rock just to be safe. Mark came by and borrowed my yellow tang and a paintball gun for a video shoot. (I find it best not to ask) rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Mark Callahan procured it for me. I was impressed how the integrated pigments give it good look from day one. I think the shapes are very nice as well, particularly the Tonga branch pieces. Natural Tonga branch can look like stacked cord wood in some aquascapes, but this stuff looks all naturally grown and fused together.

• 1 month later...

Quick update photo. Tank is a crankin! 75 different corals and counting. Got my tangs all in and they are getting along swimmingly. My BTA took a two week tour of the tank. I covered parts of the tank with cardboard to shade placed I didn't want him to settle. In the end he finally made his home right up front for all to see.

post-2030-0-25927400-1327542038_thumb.jp

Dude, that setup looks fantastic. I think it's funny how much of your setup (equipment-wise) is almost identical to the stuff I'm leaning towards. (That, and it's nice to see I'm not the only Sketchup-using reefer... LOL) If you're ever free sometime I'd love to check out that setup and pick your brain a bit...

Archived