Coral dipping

polarbear

All coral should be dipped. All fish should be QT'd.

What you dip them in can vary depending on the coral.

Zoas and Paly's can be FW dipped.

Zoas, Paly's, SPS, and most LPS can be Peroxide dipped. If you're even in doubt about bryopsis or introducing some nasty algae, peroxide is the way to go. 50/50 saltwater and 3% H2O2 for about 5 minutes. Do not dip xenia or other similar soft corals

All coral can be dipped in a iodine based SW dip.

That was gonna be my question... I have a nice mini colony of Green Slimer that has been in QT for about two weeks now. I'm wondering whether to dip it and add it to my display, or wait longer... I just started using a QT tank for new acquisitions after successfully eradicating red bugs from my display tank. I'm eager to add it, but willing to wait.

Is there a particular dip you might recommend for SPS, anyone? I've heard good things about Coral RX. I've also been debating doing Interceptor treatments on all incoming SPS, but that might be overkill. I just want to be careful and do things right from now on!

No such thing as overkill with SPS unless you kill your SPS. I use Coral Rx as well as an Lugal's, and SeaChem Reef Dip. I have also used Revive. They all work as long as you swirl them (or baste them) long enough. I've seen some other "treatment" plans for SPS that are much more elaborate including freshwater, flatworm exit, interceptor, and Coral Rx. http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=15919606&highlight=coralrx for example...