reefcleaners GB **DONE**

Mindflux

I want to get into this group buy. Placing my order now. Thanks for putting this together. Let me know when this comes in.

Nancy

I'll PM everyone involved my phone # and address this evening or tomorrow morning. I should have the package no later than noon on Thursday and will be back at my house ASAP for pickup there after. I'll post here that the package is in hand so please keep watch here as well as your PMs for information.

OK. PM sent to:

KimP

GonzoBob

absolut_racer

BrunoFamily

Teresa

If you didn't get a PM either:

A) You're a southie and I'm dealing with KimP rather than you directly. Please make sure Kim knows you are wanting her to pick up your package so it doesn't get left here!

B) You didn't post that you bought anything and I am unaware that you participated in the group buy.

If you are part of the B equation, please PLEASE PM me and I'll give you my info so you can get the package in a timely manner.

Tracking is showing guaranteed delivery by 6/3 3:00PM. I was told the N. Austin P.O should have it by 6/2 12:00PM (noon), if it lingers anywhere until 6/3 anything like crabs and fuzzy chitons will surely die in transit.

I know John had it marked for 1 day delivery to the post office on Parmer/Metric since the R.R Post office was considered 2 day transit. Hoping to see it in Austin tomorrow morning....

Geez, me too. Last order came in a day late and I lost those chitons. Express mail should be guaranteed overnight. Wonder what the deal is?

I've got an email out to John on this. All I know is when he looked up my work address (in Round Rock) he said no can do because it's 2 day guaranteed, not 1. USPS offers a "Hold at Post office" feature for express mail and he chose to have it mailed to the P.O at Parmer and Metric (closest to me in N. Austin) to receive the guaranteed 1 day/overnight delivery.

So my guess is either a) they are ignoring the fact he requested it be held at the N. Austin Post Office address specified and calculating it off my work address or b) they're going to deliver it to my work address a day late and really bungle things up for us.

Second time this has happened with USPS and reef cleaners. Next order I place I think I am going to ask for and be willing to pay for fed ex or UPS delivery.

I asked about UPS. It was $132 to ship 11 pounds overnight.

I opted to not go that route since splitting that between 6 people would not have been ideal.

So far nobody knows where this package is. Talked to Parmer Ln location and the big sorter at Braker Ln too.

OK. So the Braker Ln (Bluebonnet) location that sorts/delivers for the little "CPU" on 1700 W. Parmer says they have no express mail going to that location today. Round Rock doesn't have my package either, tracking still shows it's in Florida to boot. Supposedly if there's any updates to the tracking it'll show at 10AM. So I'll check that and see if anything changes and report back.

So far it's not looking like delivery/receipt will happen today. Not impressed.

OK. So the Braker Ln (Bluebonnet) location that sorts/delivers for the little "CPU" on 1700 W. Parmer says they have no express mail going to that location today. Round Rock doesn't have my package either, tracking still shows it's in Florida to boot. Supposedly if there's any updates to the tracking it'll show at 10AM. So I'll check that and see if anything changes and report back.

We had the same problem with USPS last time. Lost half of the order since it instead of being here at 3p.m. Friday they were delivered at 10 a.m. Saturday. Nancy

We had the same problem with USPS last time. Lost half of the order since it instead of being here at 3p.m. Friday they were delivered at 10 a.m. Saturday. Nancy

:hmm::doh:

For how much John paid to ship this package (I have a printout from USPS with "extended info") I'd think they'd do better with this. For nearly $75 in freight I am wholly unimpressed.

My deepest apologies! I wanted to do the group buy to get the QUICK shipping so that we'd minimize how much died in transit. All I can do is hope to see the package sooner than later at this point.

USPS really needs to up its customer service or I'd say it goes under pretty soon (or I hope it does). I had a package that was supposed to be forwarded to my new address, even called to confirm and it still ended up at my old address. And what did usps say "Once its delivered we are no longer responsible for the package." BS in my opinion. I say whenever we do group buys in the future we demand Fed Ex and split the costs. Its still cheaper than paying individually, they are reliable and in the end we don't lose money on an expendable product that usps refuses to take responsibility for. Arrrggg. I feel the frustration. I'm willing to pay more in the future to prevent this from happening again.

PS I really appreciate all you are doing to help get this package together with all inhabitants alive. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. I'm not working today so I can go into a post office and harass them until they find our package (granted I feel bad for the employees as well, this is more of a systematic problem, not individual employees).

LMK if I can help

USPS really needs to up its customer service or I'd say it goes under pretty soon (or I hope it does). I had a package that was supposed to be forwarded to my new address, even called to confirm and it still ended up at my old address. And what did usps say "Once its delivered we are no longer responsible for the package." BS in my opinion. I say whenever we do group buys in the future we demand Fed Ex and split the costs. Its still cheaper than paying individually, they are reliable and in the end we don't lose money on an expendable product that usps refuses to take responsibility for. Arrrggg. I feel the frustration. I'm willing to pay more in the future to prevent this from happening again.

If I had known that USPS was going to charge John $72.90 to ship this when I asked John how much UPS would have cost ($132) I might have asked if we could pay the difference (60 bucks).. $10 dollars each (I think there are 6 of us?) wouldn't have been horrible and I'd have the package in my hands by now. But John made it sound like USPS was dirt cheap and I didn't feel like it would have been right to ask the participants to split $100 in extra freight charges.

as another data point, i have received several shipments from reefcleaners (sent to my home via USPS) and have always gotten them in a timely manner...

Yeah I think this is USPS's fault, not John's.