new 40 gallon mixed reef

atxmandarin

so i have been debating on which tank to move into now that my 125 is up for sale, i thought i was going to go with a 40 breeder but after considerations for space and overall style i think i am going to go with a 40 cube, i will be testing my led panel i ordered off ebay and at 12x12 inches i think the cube will be a bit more effective for light dispersement. any how, today i picked up a red sea wavemaster pro from a fellow member, already have my led panel ordered (still have my trusty 250 watt halide incase the leds are bogus), also grabbed a sunpaq retro fit kit with 2 32watt actinic power compacts for my dawn/dusk, dug out

an ocean currents rotating return line head :) gotta love the junk box, also found a 4 inch retro fit aqualight cooling fan new in the box in storage. so as of now i have some of my equipment, i will be picking the tank up friday and will begin on my stand, i may build in stand a little wider to facilitate use of a 31" sump :), if i do that i am going to get a piece of granite cut to trim the tank and act as a counter top capping the stand, i am very excited about this build i

havent done anything this small in a while, i will be moving mostly my LPS, ricordea, and zoanthids from my existing tank and am considering the addition of a single oregon tort colony, stay tuned.....

Edited by atxmandarin

cheapo leds, ledwholesalers.comthumbsdown.gif, cheap buy, cheap lightdoh.gif..... decided on the switchable 250w/400 digital ballast, hooked to an xl hydrofarm hood, i will hopefully be incorporating one of HYDRO INNOVATIONS air/liquid cooled lighting system using the small airbox, due too the extreme light (i will be running it on the 400W settingyahoo.gif) havent decided on the bulbs yet...most likely a 10 phoenix, i may try the Plusrite bulbs though, at less than 20 bucks a bulb why the hell now, i will be hanging my jumbo reflector with yoyo light supports for easy access, my tank/stand will be here tonight (thanks Jloyd) after some slight modification my trigger systems sump will drop right into the stand. my cs 90 and cs70 cpr overflow boxes have been ordered, cs70 for the fuge, cs90 for the sump, ehiem return pump is reserved from big bird, i will attach a 1 inch swcd wavemaker to my return line, splitting it to return on either side of the tank. tunze nano wavebox with upgraded controller will handle water flow, tunze nano stream may be added if needed. i will be glueing a 4 inch acrylic splash guard around the top of my tank to protect from splashing from the wave. this is all that has been decided and is for sure on this tank so far, hope i still have your attention wave.gif

tank&stand in place, bulb installed in fixture jbj 14k 400watt, aqua mags arrived (3 frag plugs, one full size and one jr.), will be cutting the floor for the stand tonight so i can install the sump, running eshopps overflows until cpr overflows arrive, whoooo pictures to come!

adding a 1x6 trim around the top to finish the canopy off tonight, then its sand, wood putty, dry, sand, prime, paint. cant wait for my yoyo light hangers, my light will be at 13 inches above the water which should help keep me a bit cooler, i am debating cutting a hole in the right side and installing a 4 inch aqualight fan. on another note the wave is.. .well, dare i say perfect?thumbsup.gif

PICTURES yahoo.gifyahoo.gif

post-1178-0-64860800-1305217000_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-95475000-1305217042_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-35437600-1305217075_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-72176400-1305217111_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-52727300-1305217161_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-24334900-1305217208_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-22387800-1305217244_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-67423300-1305217280_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-36800600-1305217309_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-93556700-1305217345_thumb.jp

rocks in the tank, minor adjustments to come in the aquascape and placement of aquamags, then ordering more! DT is almost completely clear after adding foam blocks last night in the sump, im going to have to suck all the sand silt out of the sump this weekend to prevent another dust storm in the future

next time you are down south give me a holler, you should come by, all i have from the middle of the tank up is a durasa clam, an anemone i cant remove as of yet and a goniopora frag, once everyone gets more used to 10w per gallon ill be moving a few things up and then adding new pieces biggrin.gif im in houston today so hopefully i find some sweet frags, im gonna do a little fish store tour before movin my mom into her new place

most in houston are BS but a few real good ones, ill get him off eventually, hes just a little too happy with 400 watts of light and 0ppm across the board, o ya and the almost full 2 inch wave rocking, when its real quiet you can hear the stand creak a little, ill be shooting some extra screws in soon